Can you flash a Asus GTX 670 DirectCuII to TOP?

JJ1217

Honorable
Is it possible if I just download a TOP bios and flash it, will I get the same card as a TOP edition? Are there any risks, such as blowing up the card, or will it become unstable from the flash due to higher clocks? I haven't bought the card yet, still waiting for some money to come in, and If I can save $80 from the pretty much unobtainable TOP edition (Only a few sites have it, and they are expensive), which is the reason they are $80 more, then I surely will. Also, can I like flash the bios to TOP, then flash it again to unlock the voltage for some overclocks? sorry if I asked too much

many thanks

JJ1217

Honorable
Okay, so I should just buy the TOP and live with it? How about the Bios Patch that ASUS released for the TOP cards so that they became stable because of the Kepler boost? Would it be dangerous to flash the bios then?

You use ASUS GPU Tweak latest version Your first step in overclocking the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DC II TOP is to increase Power Target to its highest level.Also go ahead and increase the fan speed to 100% to keep off any extra heat that would be generated by pushing the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DC II TOP to the limit.

The next step in overclocking the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DC II TOP is to find the maximum GPU Boost frequency without game crashes and artifacts. Now there is a way to voltage mod nvidia try to prevent this from being possible but failed but i won't talk about it here in private sure just remember if you try this it's on you i am NOT responsible if you do it wrong it's always dangerous to flash the bios to a custom bios. The chances that you break the card are possible. Check this guide out if your a total noob in oc gpus http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/the-gtx-670-overclocking-master-guide

Isaac81

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009

PM me about this : is a way to voltage mod nvidia try to prevent this from being possible but failed.... i want to try it :D