Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeInstance

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Okay so I`m gonna reuse this HDD on a new build that has a new mobo, when I start it up I know *** will go down. I was wondering if I had like 30 days of normal PC usage to buy it online and download it or something? I was hoping I get a limited time of PC usage when I start it up so I can get win7 from... "other sources" :).

Also, if you have a CPU thats inside your mobo, how would you prefer I take it out? Like some people say wristbands or sorts, but I can't buy that lol.

So touching a big pan before I touch it, or what? like maybe use a paper towel over my fingers when I pick it up?

PS: If you know how to install win7 on my PC using "other sources" :) using a USB send me a link please :D

Solution

I'm going to assume that by "other...

iKryptic

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
When your taking your cpu out of the motherboard, aslong as you touch the metal parts on your case for a few seconds, your static charge should be the same as the cases, and you will be safe to touch things inside the computer case. Make sure you buy your new CPU before you take out the old one so you have somewhere to put the old one.

It is fine to hold a CPU with your hands, just make sure you hold it by the sides, dont touch and of the pins!! Also dont hold it with a cloth, if anything thats worse, it will create more friction and static electricity and might damage the CPU.

I'm going to assume that by "other sources" you mean piracy. People like you are the reason we can't have nice things, like software that isn't encumbered by DRM. The only place you should be getting it from is a retail outlet.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS