My Nvidia Ge Force GT 640 Drivers crashing

Jaybull1990

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello,
Ive just recently built a computer, using the Nvidia Ge Force GT 640.

Everytime i install the drivers, and bring up a page, weather it be a game, web page or application, my screen goes black, comes back and says "Display Drivers have stopped responding and has recovered"

Ive tried uninstalling, and re installing with the latest drivers etc, but nothing works!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

bradyboyy88

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I would not just reinstall driver, I would do a fresh install of windows. I had a similar problem with another gpu and it would come up with the same error. eventually i got sick of it doing that and just did fresh install of windows and it fixed everything. The strange thing is that the first time I installed the gpu it was a clean install and it did that . So do it again like i did and hopefully it will fix it because just reinstalling and wiping old drivers didnt cut it for me.

Jaybull1990

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hey man appreciate the reply, and unfortunately i already tried that over 3 times, and its still doing the same thing, the display drivers are always up to date, running Direct x 11 and making sure all drivers are installed. Even re formatting the pc and hard drives, and re installing everything, still a no go...very frustrating and confusing to me.