Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Built My First Rig? WILL iT RUN BF3 Ultra in Multiplayer?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 1, 2012 10:10:26 PM

Is This A Good Gaming Rig? BF3 Ultra Settings? Rate Please, or Suggestions?
Hi, I just built a gaming computer for the first time in my life, so I had no Idea what I was getting into lol. It turned out fine, but I want to know if I can run BF3 in Ultra with this setup
Fx 6200 OC'd to 4.3 GHz
AsRock 970 mobo
NVidia Gtx 660ti
24 GB Ram ( I KNOW OVERKILL)
2 TB WD green HDD
I Have 5 fans in the case.


Please tell me how I did? It cost me around 670 to build my rig.
750 Watt Power supply
November 1, 2012 10:31:03 PM

zaneusb said:
Is This A Good Gaming Rig? BF3 Ultra Settings? Rate Please, or Suggestions?
Hi, I just built a gaming computer for the first time in my life, so I had no Idea what I was getting into lol. It turned out fine, but I want to know if I can run BF3 in Ultra with this setup
Fx 6200 OC'd to 4.3 GHz
AsRock 970 mobo
NVidia Gtx 660ti
24 GB Ram ( I KNOW OVERKILL)
2 TB WD green HDD
I Have 5 fans in the case.


Please tell me how I did? It cost me around 670 to build my rig.
750 Watt Power supply



Yeah it should run ultra fine. Tho i would have waited for the piledriver cpus and got one of them.
m
0
l
November 1, 2012 10:33:38 PM

Yeah should be able to run Ultra at slightly less than pleasurable frame rates at times; this meaning that you may have to tweak a few settings to get a constant fps that is above 30. But, you should be okay, and there is virtually no difference between some of the settings on high or ultra. Best of luck and happy gaming!
m
0
l
Related resources
November 2, 2012 12:00:46 PM

i dont recommend the FX 6400 :p  you can get an i3 wich is better considering that its a dual and it costs almost the same as 6400. And gives better preformance and i don't think you need a 750PSU you can go for antec earth watts green 650PSU + 80 Bronze costs 30$ :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

November 2, 2012 12:23:02 PM

CustomPc said:
i dont recommend the FX 6400 :p  you can get an i3 wich is better considering that its a dual and it costs almost the same as 6400. And gives better preformance and i don't think you need a 750PSU you can go for antec earth watts green 650PSU + 80 Bronze costs 30$ :) 


For BF3 the FX 6400 would be better then an i3.
Share
November 12, 2012 2:12:30 AM

Best answer selected by zaneusb.
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 2:14:50 AM

jackspeed said:
For BF3 the FX 6400 would be better then an i3.

BF3 Is working awesome on Ultra on the FX 6400! Multiplayer and Single!
m
0
l
!