phir

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Well, my new build is going great, thanks to this community. Almost every issue I had was because of an incorrect procedure of installing drivers. I only have one issue left which is one of my main issues, FPS in games. Since this is a new build, I have only installed Diablo 3 and a Sims game. Diablo is my main game and I am only getting 24 FPS max. I have overclocked my CPU to 4.2 and my vid with 20% power increase. I am running out of ideas. I thought this would smoke my last system, but it seems to have less than half the FPS. Shouldnt a base install do better than this? Graphics are brilliant, speed loading is excellent, loading times is within secs. I ram Furmark and it says my avg fps is 188 (am I reading that right?). Can anyone help with this?

My system:
cpu I5 3570
gpu xfx 7970
hd SS 256GB for OS and game installs
gigabyte ud5h
excellent cooling and case
RAM, 16GB
Win7 x64

phir

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I set image settings to low, didnt change it a bit, exact same. I have broadband business class internet Comcast. I play my SIMS game and it is extremely fast, so far, it seems only diablo is slow, feels like i am playing in mud. I go to my old Dell xps 720 and i feel like the fastest guy playing except when there are tons of graphic damage displaying which is why i built new. My OS is stock settings, using Windows to manage my speed. My CCC settings are stock. I feel like I am overlooking something.

G

Is it only with this game? Or is it with all games. If it does this on all games it could be a bad gpu maybe?

G

Also, do you still have the same hard drive as you did in the last build. If so it could be that you didn't uninstall all of the drivers before popping in the new card. Just another possibility to throw out there.

phir

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I only have 2 games installed, diablo 3 and sins of the solar empire, a strategy game. This is a new system, a couple of days old. I didnt want to install too many things to complicate troubleshooting. Shouldnt i be able to install a tool that simulates a diablo type game? I ran furmark and it seems to think my system is performing exceptionally well, I think. I am very new to new technology, I have been buying Dell systems for a while because it was easy and I thought they were they best bang for the buck. Most of my games are old or xbox games, hard to figure out what to install next.

phir

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
This is a new HD, SSD with the OS and new games installed. My old harddrive is still in my old machine so I can still play diablo at normal speeds. If I ever get this systems up to par, i will bring the HD over as a media drive. Everythign in this system is new.