Intel Sandy Bridge Celeron G540 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

powepo

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello,

I recently bought an Intel Celeron G540 based on the sandy Bridge architecture and when I tried to play League Of Legends its says that I do not have Shady Model 2.0!
When I checked dxdiag it states that there is already Directx 11 which I believe have Shady Model 5.0 already!

I do not own a graphics card and when I play league of legends on i5-2500k everything went smoothly the gameplay was fine.

I tried tranferring the i5 chip over to the asrockh61-dgs mobo that had the celeron chip and the i5 chip shot up to 92degrees hot!
When I took out the chip it was already light brown from the original silver colour due to the high temp :cry: .IDK what is wrong with everything!

How could they say that I do not have shady model 2 when 5 is already pre-installed!Has it something to do with the integrated graphics?Pls give me advice what can I do??? :(

Solution
I can't address the shader model issue. Perhaps check the drivers for the motherboard.

But, such a hot temperature for the i5 indicates a bad cpu cooler mount.
You need to look at the back of the motherboard to verify that all 4 pushpins are completely through and locked.
When you remount, you will need to clean off the old paste and apply new.
Be careful to not use too much paste, or it will actually act as an insulator and not work as well as a small drop will.

The trick for pushpins is to push down on diagonal pairs at the same time.
I can't address the shader model issue. Perhaps check the drivers for the motherboard.

But, such a hot temperature for the i5 indicates a bad cpu cooler mount.
You need to look at the back of the motherboard to verify that all 4 pushpins are completely through and locked.
When you remount, you will need to clean off the old paste and apply new.
Be careful to not use too much paste, or it will actually act as an insulator and not work as well as a small drop will.

The trick for pushpins is to push down on diagonal pairs at the same time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.