CyberPowerPc - Is it reliable?

sgruggy

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Since this popular tech forum has a section for Cyberpower, and not Digitalstorm (which i would recommend more), i want to know what makes Cyberpower so good?
I ordered my computers from Dell and DigitalStorm after reading all the bad reviews about it.
There were good reviews and bad reviews, nothing in between. I felt like if i was gambling with their mediocre BBB rating and bad reviews.
Anyone wanna share good/bad stories or throw in some opinions?

sgruggy

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

I'm definitly planning on building my next rig.
Problem is, i have very few experience with hardware (aside from graphics card placement...not even worth mentioning) and i'm also gambling with my ability to read instructions, etc

sgruggy

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Also heard that Cyberpower and Ibuypower and one more company i forgot its name (it had the same web layout) were the same companies, which makes me suspicious.

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
I did my first build back in 2000 after I read Scott Mueller's upgrading and repairing PCs 3rd edition about 1300 pages, but it was worth the read, I have since read the 12th edition and the 20th edition and have yet to have a problem on any of the ten builds that I have done. It just takes a little bit of reading to really understand how a computer works and how it goes together, just take your time and do some research before you do your first build.

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

I'd assume that cyberpower either payed toms or it was the first budget company compared to alienware. It also allows a little more cutomization then digital storm. I wonder why under laptops the subforums are acer, and ipad.

galeener

Distinguished
what are the specs of your system . Did you open it up and make sure every thing is seated attached so on so forth.
Which power supply did you get.
I have several cyberpower pcs no issues.
Cyberpower is just mostly a warehouse assembly store. They buy parts in volume put what you specify together then ship it out.
You still need to research the parts you specify.
These guys that work there are not engineers by any means.