Retailer sheets for the WoD Rulebook and V:tR!

http://www.white-wolf.com/retail/RetailDownloads/2004PDFs/8August04PDF/WODRulebook.pdf
http://www.white-wolf.com/retail/RetailDownloads/2004PDFs/8August04PDF/VampiretheRequiem.pdf

Lively discussion on RPG.net here:
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123659

Given those retailer sheets, I posted a prediction as to what V:tR is
going to look like:

BEGIN REPOST

I suspect the five clans will be large and general. Far more general
than any of the clans in V:tM.

Then there will be bloodlines within those clans. Bloodlines will be
lineages that are, for whatever reason, unique. Clans will have
disciplines, and bloodlines will have disciplines, and so any given
vampire will have both.

Bloodlines will be native to small geographic areas. New Orleans will
have X number of bloodlines, and, say, New York will have entirely
different ones. Published bloodlines will have their own published
disciplines, and the discipline creation guidelines will be for STs (or
players) who want to make up new bloodlines. So V:tR will have the
general clan disciplines and some of the New Orleans bloodlines
disciplines, and City of the Damned: New Orleans will have more.

Now, covenants... covenants will be their own little min-Camarillas or
min-Sabbats. Any given city might have one, two, or rarely three or more
covenants existing in fragile alliance or various states of conflict
(hence "neofeudal hell"). Some areas could feature unusually large
covenants that stretch across multiple cities. Generally speaking, young
vampires will have little or no knowledge of the supernatural world
beyond their own covenants (hence "xenophobic nightmare"), and even the
elders will only know about other covenants they've visited or from
which they've fled (and that info would almost always be outdated). Most
different covenants will all look as different from each other as the
Camarilla is different from the Sabbat -- most would literally be feudal
(as that's what happens when you take anarchy, get some people in charge
of gangs, and wait a couple centuries), but some might be governed by
council, or right of combat, or any other bizarre form of government the
writers or fans can come up with.

This also keeps the new WoD very vague in terms of setting. Beyond New
Orleans, we'll have a few hints what the global vampiric landscape looks
like, but very little concrete info.

Just an elaborate guess.

END REPOST
--
Stephenls
Geek

>Also the cover for the WoD Rulebook:
>

>http://www.white-wolf.com/retail/RetailDownloads/2004PDFs/8August04PDF/WO
Dcover.jpg

I think I approve. :)

--Kevin

Kevin Ahearn wrote:

[snip]

> I think I approve. :)

I really like the picture/image; I'm not sure I like the font/
lettering, though.

Clogar wrote:

> I really like the picture/image; I'm not sure I like the font/
> lettering, though.

I think it's a mock-up. I think White Wolf is not going to release
another Demon: The Fallen First Printing as the corebook for their new
flagship line. Or lines, as it were.

I suspect the final version will be more polished.
--

Stephenls wrote:

> Clogar wrote:
>
> > I really like the picture/image; I'm not sure I like the font/
> > lettering, though.
>
> I think it's a mock-up. I think White Wolf is not going to release
> another Demon: The Fallen First Printing as the corebook for their new
> flagship line. Or lines, as it were.

http://www.worldofdarkness.com/wodcover.html

They posted and hyped the cover on the WoD website, so I think it is
now official. Looks almost the same as the other one, except that this
one has text in the bottom right corner. I still dislike the font.

"Clogar"
> Stephenls wrote:
> > Clogar wrote:

> > > I really like the picture/image; I'm not sure I like the font/
> > > lettering, though.

> > I think it's a mock-up. I think White Wolf is not going to release
> > another Demon: The Fallen First Printing as the corebook for their new
> > flagship line. Or lines, as it were.

> http://www.worldofdarkness.com/wodcover.html

> They posted and hyped the cover on the WoD website, so I think it is
> now official. Looks almost the same as the other one, except that this
> one has text in the bottom right corner. I still dislike the font.

Hm. I'm not sure how I feel about the hand-held triple exposure shot of a
drunk walking down the alley.

>"Clogar"
>> Stephenls wrote:

>> > I think it's a mock-up. I think White Wolf is not going to release
>> > another Demon: The Fallen First Printing as the corebook for their new
>> > flagship line. Or lines, as it were.
>
>> http://www.worldofdarkness.com/wodcover.html
>
>> They posted and hyped the cover on the WoD website, so I think it is
>> now official. Looks almost the same as the other one, except that this
>> one has text in the bottom right corner. I still dislike the font.
>
>Hm. I'm not sure how I feel about the hand-held triple exposure shot of a
>drunk walking down the alley.

I'm hoping there won't be any of that white print on black paper in the new WoD
books. I know it's supposed to lend a touch of "atmosphere to the mood and
setting of the game", but reading it can be tough on the eyes. Ouch!

Hope we'll have black print on white paper... :)

Stephie

"Let's get to work."
Angel - "Not Fade Away"