Gtx 660 ti not turning on w/ 750 watt power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

bskim

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
I found out that my memory is incompatible with my motherboard. I am in the process of returning the memory and have ordered a new set of memory that is compatible with my ASUS LK z77 motherboard. However, when I power my computer, all my fans turn on, led turns on, cd drive works, cpu cooler turns on except for my graphics card. When I power my computer, the fan on the graphics card does not move. I have tried all four of my PCI-E plugs that came with my tx750 corsair power supply. Each time I turn on my computer the graphics card does not turn on. Could the memory be the cause of this issue or is the video card or power supply itself the problem? Please help I spent 1000 dollars on this computer and I would really like to find out whats wrong. I have also used the speaker to see what beeps the motherboard makes. It makes one long beep and two short which is indicative of memory incompatibility.

jcurry23

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
first all what memory did you have that wasn't compatible. Also you have to have at least one slot of memory inserted before your pc can turn on. just cause fans are spinning doesn't mean a thing.

ram1009

Distinguished
You probably have an on board graphics chip and the BIOS is probably defaulted to that. You won't know until you can get some RAM installed properly and plug the monitor into the MB GPU output. At that point you can enter the BIOS and change the active GPU to the PCI selection. When you re-boot you will have to have moved the monitor input to the GPU board. If it still doesn't play it's probably a bad board or power supply. Replacing individual components with known good ones is the only way to troubleshoot.

bskim

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
The ram is incompatible. I looked in the manual and it didnt have the model that I bought.

I have 16 gb of G.Skill Ripaws X F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL.

My motherboard is an asus p8z77 LK. My processor is an i5 3570k.

I was thinking about returning my graphics card because it might have been the problem. Should I wait until i put memory into my computer before doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.