Sign in with
Your question

Gaming PC for under $1250

Last response: in Systems
November 2, 2012 4:24:03 AM

Hello! I've been doing a lot of research and spent countless hours lurking through forums. I've always found the best answers and quickest replies here, so I thought I'd give this community a shot! I'm kind of unsure if i should I should build it or if I should get a pre-built gaming PC. Right now I seem to be leaning toward building it myself. I definitely want a monitor (23" or greater) and right now i want to be able to max any game i want and get over at least 40-50+ FPS. Before I show you my specs, I'd like to tell you that I will be getting this near Black Friday, or before Christmas if all goes as planned. My preferred site is newegg, but if there's a better one, I'd love to find out. I tried to model my build after the CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1350 I found off of newegg with some slight alterations

(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

So, without further ado; my current specs!

CPU= Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 $230 from newegg(in the future i plan on overclocking, but I'm a little scared of potential damage)

RAM= CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory $34 from newegg

Hard Drive= Seagate Barracuda Green ST1000DL002 1TB 5900 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Bare Drive -Bare Drive $60 from newegg

Video Card= EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $370 from newegg

Power Supply= CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply $70 from newegg

Case= NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case $120 from newegg

Motherboard= ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $182 from newegg

Monitor= ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers $180 from newegg

So that's my little gaming build. I'm not 100% sure it's all completely compatible. If there are any cost-effective moves I can take or a place where I can improve I'd be happy to know. Or if worse comes to worse, just it's a plain out crappy build.

Thanks!

More about : gaming 1250

a b B Homebuilt system
November 2, 2012 5:30:17 AM

if you have a local micro center near you they can be better on price then new egg on some parts. on your build swap the slow drive out for one that 7200 rpm and has 32/64 cache on the drive. I would also ask santa..to give you a 128g ssd for xmas. it will speed up any system boot and games. the ps i would bump it to a 700-750w with that video card. with a power supply they run best about 50 percent loaded. the 600-650 might work but under gaming load the pc might reboot or the screen just blank out. dont forget your need an os for the new rig. also dont go with 1333 ram most new standard ram is 1600 speed. if your going to over clock then look at 1866. just make sure you check that the ram on the mb qal tested list or the ram vendor tested there ram on your mb. the newer mb and chipset are picky on the ram that you use. installing a non tested ram may cause the pc to go into a boot loop or not post.
m
l
November 2, 2012 5:38:05 PM

Ok, thanks for your reply! For the most part, I just typed in what I wanted and click the first one that popped up. Not sure if that was the most effective way. If you could specify some good parts that would be compatible, I am very open minded. I've heard the the Z77 is one of the best motherboards that is affordable. Also, I have a microcenter near my area that ill check out probably today. If anyone has anymore answers or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
m
l
!