Odd problem w/PC133 running @ 100

G

Maybe this is just me showing my ignorance, but...

I just dropped a PIII 800EB on to my QDI Advance9 mobo (pretty sure that is the VIA 69x chipset). I removed the jumpers (per manual) to allow the FSB to run @ 133mhz. That went fine. I have all three DIMMs filled w/PC133, in a 256/128/128 (512 total) config. Sandra tells me they're all PC133, they SAY they're PC133 (well, their little stickers do)....yet Sandra tells me they're only running @100. However, Sandra also tells me my PIII is humming along just fine @~800 with an FSB of 133. I thought if the mobo was set to 133, your processor was 133 FSB, and your RAM was PC133, that's what it would run at. I did check my BIOS setting and it does show CL3 stepping...what am I missing?

Sorry to be long-winded. I did see several threads about similar issues, but I didn't see this specific situation addressed. Anyone? TIA.

G

Ah, well...ahem. Yes. My problem was, I didn't know that I had downloaded SiSoft's Sandra-w/PMS, you see. I mean, how could I know? I'd been running a P-166 w/32mb until Feb of this year. :)

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
dont trust the stickers, I had a DIMM saying PC133, but ran at 100, so I checked the Hyundai part number decoder and found the chips to be PC100!

Actually, the chipset can decouple the memory speed and the processor FSB allowing the processor to run at full speed while operate the memory at its own speed. That is fine. btw what chipset is it? 691 probabely does not support 133 MHz FSB, nor does it support coppermine. So that should be a 693. just check the bottom line of the screen when its coounting memory on startup.

BTW what is your BIOS showing?

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
lol
i getcha.
sandra couldnt handle the 133 bus speed or something right?

welcome to the modern age...
please update all your drivers and apps at the door.
have a nice day

Is that a Northwoody in your pocket or are you just eXPited to see me?

TRENDING THREADS