Comparing a desktop NVIDIA GPU to a desktop AMD GPU. NEED HELP!

G

Hey everyone.

There are two graphics cards I'm looking at right now for DX9 and DX10 gaming.

The two graphics cards:
- Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 X2 (dual-GPU) 1GB GDDR3
- ASUS (OEM) GT 520 1GB GDDR3

MY QUESTIONS ARE:
- Which graphics card is better for gaming?

- At medium/high settings, what kind of FPS should I expect to get out of the HD 3870 X2 from games like Skyrim, BF3, Crysis 2, and NFS: The Run?

- Are there any graphics card today that can be compared to the SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 3870 X2?

- If so, which ones are they?

***PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO GO OUT AND BUY A BETTER GRAPHICS CARD THAN THE TWO I'VE LISTED HERE IN THIS QUESTION. PLEASE DON'T JUST REFER ME TO THE HEIRARCHY CHART!! ALL I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IS WHICH GRAPHICS CARD IS BETTER!! THAT'S IT!! I REALIZE THAT THERE ARE BETTER GRAPHICS CARDS OUT THERE!!***

You are told to go to the heirarchy chart cause itll tell you in tiers which one is better. No one is gonna be able to tell you what FPS youll get. To get acceptable FPS in any games you listed youd have to run either one of those at 720p with low settings. They are both very low end cards. Neither one of those cards will run any of those games at high or medium settings unless you are running a very low resolution.

G

I don't hate the hierarchy chart, I just wanted some possible real-life experience responses with using the 3870 X2. I should've re-worded my question differently... Maybe I'll go do that.

G

If I were to buy the 3870 X2, I would most certainly buy at least a 650-700W PSU, considering the 3870 X2 uses between 320-380 watts at full load.

G

It's a simple question...

JKatwyopc

Distinguished