Nokia 6820 problem with Blackberry feature

Last response: in Brands
November 21, 2004 2:55:03 PM

I'm looking for help getting the Blackberry email feature on an ex-O2 Nokia
6820 working on T-Mobile.

Background

==========

I've had a Blackberry 7230 for 3 months. It's from T-Mobile UK with GPRS and
the "always-on" email service. It works very well but I find it clunky -
and as a phone it's pretty poor.

So I bought an almost-new, unlocked, ex-O2, Nokia 6820 from ebay - it's
advertised as working like a Blackberry.

I put my SIM into the Nokia and the phone part worked fine. I called
T-Mobile to get help with the email function. The tech support guy asked me
to navigate to Messages / Message settings / Blackberry on the Nokia. But my
Nokia (ex-O2 remember) has no Blackberry entry in the menu! So I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

John
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 10:54:53 PM

John Lewis <john@cocreation.co.uk> wrote in message
cnpvuu$be6$3@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk
> I put my SIM into the Nokia and the phone part worked fine. I called
> T-Mobile to get help with the email function. The tech support guy
> asked me to navigate to Messages / Message settings / Blackberry on
> the Nokia. But my Nokia (ex-O2 remember) has no Blackberry entry in
> the menu! So I'm stuck.

Very unusual, my O2 6820 does have these features. It might be worth a trip
to your local Nokia service centre to have the firmware re-flashed.

--
Ian McMillan
ian@NOSPAMimcmillan.co.uk