hard drive data rate for capturing video

I need help.
I am using Pinnacle Studio Version 7 for video editing.
when i first got my computer it worked fine. now about a
year later it says my data transfer rate for my hard drive
is too slow to capture video.
Is there some way i can increase my data rate?

When was the last time you defragged your hard drive? How full is it?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com