Computer crashes upon exiting a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyBrochacho

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Hello,

So I built my own computer a while back and I've had issues with it ever since...So what happens is that whenever I use the comp for the internet it is lightning fast with no problems...now when I start to play a game...ANY GAME ( Minecraft, BF3, Skyrim etc) they all run perfectly beautiful, but when I EXIT the game the computer just starts to get all colorful, square like objects on the screen and eventually crashes so I need to Re-boot manually everytime...I don't understand why it only does this when EXITING a game!

Specs:
GTX 560 TI OC'd <-- never touched it
Corsair 750w Power supply
8gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
AMD Phenom Black ii x4 965 processor
ASRock 970 Extreme3 Motherboard
OCZ Vertex 64gb SSD

All of these have never been used.

I RMA'd the video card already and still have the issues, I've tried EVERY single driver available, updated BIOS and drivers...I really don't know what else to do now...
The NVIDIA Demos also made it crashed.

I'd like a very good response so I can find out the issue, if you need more info please let me know.

JimmyBrochacho

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Im not a big expert on SSD's and HDD's care to explain how that can cause a crash when exiting a game and make the screen glitchy right before it crashes?

EDIT: I've also had it where it crashed and before it locked up said NVIDIA kernal driver **** has crashed but I have not seen that message since

do you happen to have a hard drive somewhere? put windows on that and see if you get crashes from doing the same activities

it seems whenever you try to load something or when you exit something, the system crashes. it most likely isnt your card given a RMA should fix everything (i could be wrong here)

JimmyBrochacho

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

Not at the moment...I did have an issue once where when i tried to re-boot the computer back up a black screen with the message "Windows failed to boot" and everytime I restart the computer the screen is all glitchy and full of white lines and what not, so i have to re-boot it like 5 times before it is back to normal. Also always asks if I want to do a system repair... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.