ttoX

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hello, I just built a computer 2 days ago and I have had no issues at all so far. Today my monitor had went into sleep mode and I moved my mouse and the monitor came out of sleep mode but came up saying no signal. I restarted and it came right back up with no problems. Could that be a issue or am I being paranoid?

rene13cross

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
This is actually a really common issue with Windows sleep mode. It has often been reported that a computer does not wake properly. A not-perfect solution is to simply avoid sleep.

Often it can be associated with OCing which I doubt you've been doing.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
happens to me. sometimes the monitor loses the right input setting with the PC stops transmitting to it. my monitor is a Samsung Monitor/HDTV (essentially a monitor with a TV tuner thrown in) turn off the monitor and turn it back on and ur fine. no big.

ttoX

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Alright im running a i7 3770k, 16gb geil velo ram, geforce gtx 680, 850 thermaltake power supply, 1tb hdd / 128gb ssd and running it on windows 7. Hopefully it is just the windows issue, just after having that much money into this and seeing that I freaked out a bit haha.

ttoX

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I need to use my pc for homework purposes for a little bit longer, after that I will let it sleep again and give it another shot. I have had my monitor in sleep mode before this and it came right back on when I moved my mouse. This time however it was on overnight so I might have to wait until I leave for class and let it sleep for a long period of time. I will keep you guys posted and I appreciate the help so much.

ttoX

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I got the issue to arise again, this time it was a bit more different. I think the suggestion is correct that it is a power issue. When I came back and tried moving my mouse I noticed my mouse actually didn't have power itself. Last time the mouse def had power because I moved it and the monitor got out of sleep mode but came on saying no display.