New Build Not working getting really frustrated with it

G

Hi guys, I really need alot of help.

Here is the situation, I am building a small media pc to just use to play bluerays and tv. Now I was having a problem with the computer not booting, im using a small external psu. So I bought a new psu this morning and I tried it in the PC. So the PC would actually boot and it was working great, until I pressed the sleep button on the IR remote that im using with it.

The computer will no longer boot and won't even turn on anymore, the hardrive doesnt spin. So I tested it with another PSU that is known to work and the computer still wouldn't boot even though this PSU is fine in another machine. The fan for the PSU wouldn't even spin and it works fine on another PC.

Has my motherboard or CPU just blown up :(, Im really annoyed as I have been trying to get this working for about a month and now I have the correct PSU it was working and now its just stopped.

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
If it doesn't turn on at all and you've already replaced the PSU, I would assume it is the motherboard. However, to find out disconnect everything from the mobo except leave the CPU in. See if it beeps (if you have a speaker hooked up). You should first get three beeps since you took the RAM out. Then, try to boot with one stick of RAM at a time. You may have one stick that is bad.

Let me know.

G

Took the speaker from my working machine, I get no beebs at all nothing.

I fear this is gonna be expensive.

G

Its a Mini ITX AT5NM10-i with a 1.66Hz Dual Core Atom Processor. The processor is integrated into the board I think. It has passive cooling.

try taking out the gpu from the system and try clearing the cmos of the mb. it may be the mb is locked up in sleep mode.
if you can boot it back with the onboard gpu check the mb bios rev. see that it been updated there are two bios updates for your itx mb.

G

What do you mean? I can't get the thing to POST so I cant change MB defaults.

G

Okay that sounds logical, I have integrated graphics with the CPU and the CPU is integrated into the board so forgive me my technical ability has failed, im not quite sure how I do that.

Can you further explain what you mean?

Thanks for trying to help :)

G

I tried clearing the CMOS but I frankly think its dead, I don't understand why it would run for 30 odd minutes perfectly with the new PSU, you hit sleep on your media remote just to see if it functions properly and then the thing won't run, not even the hard drives spin anymore.