Closed Solved

Stuttering Gigabyte 7870

Hello all

Ive recently purchased a Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 Overclocked Edition graphics card as a replacement for my Crossfire 5770s and have been experiencing alot of stutter while playing games such as battlefield 3 and heroes of newerth, where as gaming was smooth before with the 5770s. The stuttering usually happens when there is abit of action on the screen and i also have no background tasks running

Ive run CPU-Z and GPU-Z while playing and have noticed that GPU load usually hangs around 30-50% with some spikes to 80%, the CPU core speed hangs around 1500mhz with a max of 3000mhz

Driver Fusion was also run to clean all of the old ATI drivers before installing the 12.8 driver for the new card and i have not fiddled with overclocking for the video card or any part of my system

Any help with this issue would be appeciated

Specs for my system are :
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC Edition video card (1920x1080 resolution)
6GB RAM
Antec TP-650w PSU
Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stuttering gigabyte 7870
  1. Best answer
    if the 1055t is not topped out with an OC ? IF not there was not likely an issue with your old cards just a lack of cpu speed
  2. thanks for the reply, yeah its a not overclocked, still running at stock 2.8ghz
  3. OC it a bit at first
  4. ive ordered an Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO CO CPU Cooler. when it arrives ill try to overclock and let you know how it goes
  5. cooler arrived today and i overclocked the cpu, games are now running great so you were right about the bottleneck spentshells. thanks again

problem solved
  6. Best answer selected by joezy.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Gigabyte Graphics