ASUS GTX670 - Monitor going to sleep after closing certain games

I recently purchased an ASUS GTX670, specifically this one: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/GTX670DC22GD5

Unfortunately, I'm having a very strange problem where the monitor will stop receiving input and go to sleep after I close certain games. If I restart my PC, it will start just fine, but nothing will be displayed on the monitor. I have to turn the PC and the monitor off, then start them both back up again in order to fix the problem.

I am currently only having this happen in one game, being Call of Duty 4. Games that it has NOT happened in are ArmA II and CS:GO. I presume this is not a CoD4 specific problem, but rather a problem with something that CoD4 has which the others don't, perhaps a problem with the older version of DirectX it uses.

I also presume this is entirely caused by the GPU as I never had any problems like this until I installed the new GPU, but here's the rest of my PC components in case it helps.

Monitor: Alienware AW2310
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3
CPU: Intel i5 750

I'm using the latest driver from ASUS's website: nv301_42WHQL_Vista64_Win7x64.zip (2012.06.04).

So yeah, I don't really have any idea what I could try to fix this problem. Any advice would be much appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about asus gtx670 monitor sleep closing games
  1. If it is only happening on COD 4, it is probably a specific problem, try upgrading your drivers for the latest BETA version:

GeForce 306.02 Driver
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

Do a clean instalation (use advanced install settings and selected Clean Install Check Box)

Never experienced that problem with my 680 because i don't play that game, but if it is only happening there, or you find what is causing it, or you avoid that game for the moment.
  2. I've installed just the latest stable driver from geforce.com, haven't had any problems with CoD4 for the last 2 days. Hopefully it stays that way!
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus Games Monitors Graphics