mawfia

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
This question is especially to anyone who uses this modem. My question or problem if you will concerns the connection speed reported in the modem status window. Without and AT commands the actual speed is reported whenever i use an AT command i get 57,600k or 115,200k. I also could not find any WinME drivers that would work for my system. Im thinking that this may have something to do with it but if anyone knows any AT commands that have worked for them or where i might find WinME drivers that work, id say kudos to you...:) and please share.

G

is this a retail modem blaster, or an oem modem blaster? the drivers for the oem version are different than the retail.....

ignore everything i say

G

i actually dont use modems much anymore, but i have a friend who asked me to install his modem blasteron his machine. i dont use AT commands unless im doing troubleshooting of some sort. sorry, i cant be of a lot of help here. i do mostly networking and NIC stuff.....

ignore everything i say

CompSci

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
For drivers check out
http://www.modemblaster.com/download/drivers.asp
Scroll the OS listbox to the very bottom and there's WinBlows ME...

Don't ask why they don't put it with the other Windoze OS's - its just at the bottom of the list....

As for AT commands, I dont use a moden much anymore either.
In Windoze, just set the max port speed to 115200 and there's really not much ya can do about the actual connection speed.

But I have Modemblasters in most of all my machines that have a dialup modem. Cause those ModemBlasters give me the best real thruput speed for downloads of any 56K I or my friends can get. I can get real 4.6 to 4.8k download on multimeg files... and that beats 3.6 to 4.4 I get with most others... They're not a bad 56K modem.

But man, ya gotta go DSL or Cable as soon as possible!

It'll make sex so good even your neighbors will have a cigarette...