Character sheet query.

Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and dodge
pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized characters)
Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that fit
my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread the
info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I *hate*
having to flip back and forth during combat.

(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits my
purposes, but it's just not attractive...)

- David Prokopetz.
6 answers Last reply
More about character sheet query
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    In article <2hc053Fb8u0jU1@uni-berlin.de>,
    David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
    >Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
    >generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
    >that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and dodge
    >pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
    >necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized characters)
    >Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that fit
    >my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread the
    >info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
    >keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I *hate*
    >having to flip back and forth during combat.
    >
    >(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits my
    >purposes, but it's just not attractive...)

    Depends -- my sheets keep the combat stuff on the first page, charms on
    second, misc background notes on third and really misc stuff on
    fourth. All of them have decent amount of space for writing. And as an
    added bonus, you have all caste powers written down on their caste
    sheets.

    Check it out?

    http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/RPG/index.html#WW
    --
    * darkelf@co.jyu.fi Working at http://www.iti.fi/ *
    * http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/ Embedded hardware (MPC555/850) *

    "Heli Kaarina Kinnunen" <darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi> wrote in message
    > In article <2hc053Fb8u0jU1@uni-berlin.de>,
    > David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
    > >Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
    > >generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
    > >that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and
    dodge
    > >pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
    > >necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized
    characters)
    > >Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that
    fit
    > >my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread
    the
    > >info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
    > >keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I
    *hate*
    > >having to flip back and forth during combat.
    > >
    > >(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits
    my
    > >purposes, but it's just not attractive...)
    >
    > Depends -- my sheets keep the combat stuff on the first page, charms on
    > second, misc background notes on third and really misc stuff on
    > fourth. All of them have decent amount of space for writing. And as an
    > added bonus, you have all caste powers written down on their caste
    > sheets.
    >
    > Check it out?
    >
    > http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/RPG/index.html#WW

    Well, they are pretty, but they're missing two of the things I need - space
    for calculating dodge pools, and space for Merits and Flaws. Thanks anyway,
    tho'.

    (A section set aside for dodge info really is necessary if one is using
    Power Combat, because adding up [Dexterity + Dodge + Essence + artifact
    bonuses - armour penalty - shield penalty - encumberance penalty ] every
    time somebody takes a swing at you gets tedious real fast. And yes, there
    are a couple of player characters in my group - tanked-out combat-monsters,
    really - where all of those come into play.)

    - David Prokopetz.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    "Heli Kaarina Kinnunen" <darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi> wrote in message
    > In article <2hc053Fb8u0jU1@uni-berlin.de>,
    > David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
    > >Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
    > >generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
    > >that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and
    dodge
    > >pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
    > >necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized
    characters)
    > >Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that
    fit
    > >my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread
    the
    > >info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
    > >keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I
    *hate*
    > >having to flip back and forth during combat.
    > >
    > >(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits
    my
    > >purposes, but it's just not attractive...)
    >
    > Depends -- my sheets keep the combat stuff on the first page, charms on
    > second, misc background notes on third and really misc stuff on
    > fourth. All of them have decent amount of space for writing. And as an
    > added bonus, you have all caste powers written down on their caste
    > sheets.

    And if I may add, these are the best custom Exalted sheets out there. I've
    seen a few others but only use these.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    In article <2heqh3Fc1k0sU1@uni-berlin.de>,
    David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:

    >Well, they are pretty, but they're missing two of the things I need - space
    >for calculating dodge pools, and space for Merits and Flaws. Thanks anyway,
    >tho'.

    If you want to edit that info in, download Open Office
    (http://www.openoffice.org/),
    font (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/pterra.zip) and
    a bunch of original sheets
    (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/originals.zip)

    And edit them a bit. :) Voilá, you get a neater sheet.
    --
    * darkelf@co.jyu.fi Working at http://www.iti.fi/ *
    * http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/ Embedded hardware (MPC555/850) *
    * d20 SRD in HTML format at: http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/SRD/ *
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi (Heli Kaarina Kinnunen) wrote in message news:<c8v05h$jnr$1@nemesis.co.jyu.fi>...
    > In article <2heqh3Fc1k0sU1@uni-berlin.de>,
    > David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Well, they are pretty, but they're missing two of the things I need - space
    > >for calculating dodge pools, and space for Merits and Flaws. Thanks anyway,
    > >tho'.
    >
    > If you want to edit that info in, download Open Office
    > (http://www.openoffice.org/),
    > font (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/pterra.zip) and
    > a bunch of original sheets
    > (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/originals.zip)
    >
    > And edit them a bit. :) Voilá, you get a neater sheet.

    Hmmm... I was not aware Open Office could do that. How is it for
    compatibility with MS Office, tho'? I'm not going to blow up my
    computer having both installed at once, am I?

    - David Prokopetz.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?)

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 08:29:37 +0000 (UTC), darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi
    (Heli Kaarina Kinnunen) wrote:
    >If you want to edit that info in, download Open Office
    >(http://www.openoffice.org/),
    >font (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/pterra.zip) and

    I just wrote you asking for the font, please disregard my
    email :)

    >a bunch of original sheets
    >(http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/originals.zip)
    >And edit them a bit. :) Voilá, you get a neater sheet.

    Is it easier to edit them in open office than in Adobe Acrobat
    ?

    Guillaume

Games Video Games