Character sheet query.

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2004 2:00:24 PM

Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and dodge
pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized characters)
Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that fit
my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread the
info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I *hate*
having to flip back and forth during combat.

(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits my
purposes, but it's just not attractive...)

- David Prokopetz.

More about : character sheet query

Anonymous
May 24, 2004 8:15:33 PM

In article <2hc053Fb8u0jU1@uni-berlin.de>,
David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
>generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
>that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and dodge
>pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
>necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized characters)
>Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that fit
>my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread the
>info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
>keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I *hate*
>having to flip back and forth during combat.
>
>(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits my
>purposes, but it's just not attractive...)

Depends -- my sheets keep the combat stuff on the first page, charms on
second, misc background notes on third and really misc stuff on
fourth. All of them have decent amount of space for writing. And as an
added bonus, you have all caste powers written down on their caste
sheets.

Check it out?

http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/RPG/index.html#WW
--
* darkelf@co.jyu.fi Working at http://www.iti.fi/ *
* http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/ Embedded hardware (MPC555/850) *

"Heli Kaarina Kinnunen" <darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi> wrote in message
> In article <2hc053Fb8u0jU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
> >generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
> >that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and
dodge
> >pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
> >necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized
characters)
> >Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that
fit
> >my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread
the
> >info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
> >keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I
*hate*
> >having to flip back and forth during combat.
> >
> >(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits
my
> >purposes, but it's just not attractive...)
>
> Depends -- my sheets keep the combat stuff on the first page, charms on
> second, misc background notes on third and really misc stuff on
> fourth. All of them have decent amount of space for writing. And as an
> added bonus, you have all caste powers written down on their caste
> sheets.
>
> Check it out?
>
> http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/RPG/index.html#WW

Well, they are pretty, but they're missing two of the things I need - space
for calculating dodge pools, and space for Merits and Flaws. Thanks anyway,
tho'.

(A section set aside for dodge info really is necessary if one is using
Power Combat, because adding up [Dexterity + Dodge + Essence + artifact
bonuses - armour penalty - shield penalty - encumberance penalty ] every
time somebody takes a swing at you gets tedious real fast. And yes, there
are a couple of player characters in my group - tanked-out combat-monsters,
really - where all of those come into play.)

- David Prokopetz.
May 24, 2004 11:21:23 PM

"Heli Kaarina Kinnunen" <darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi> wrote in message
> In article <2hc053Fb8u0jU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone know where I can get an Exalted character sheet (Solar or
> >generic) that includes space for Merits & Flaws *and* a combat section
> >that's actually useful? (i.e, has actual spaces for armour ratings and
dodge
> >pools, and enough room under weapon stats to actually write in all the
> >necessary info without having to inscribe tiny pencil-dot-sized
characters)
> >Preferably a fairly short one, too; I've found a couple of examples that
fit
> >my criteria on my own, but both of them have been the sort that spread
the
> >info over three or four separate pages without paying much attention to
> >keeping the most commonly-needed info all on the same sheet - and I
*hate*
> >having to flip back and forth during combat.
> >
> >(I'm using a template I threw together in Notepad right now, and it suits
my
> >purposes, but it's just not attractive...)
>
> Depends -- my sheets keep the combat stuff on the first page, charms on
> second, misc background notes on third and really misc stuff on
> fourth. All of them have decent amount of space for writing. And as an
> added bonus, you have all caste powers written down on their caste
> sheets.

And if I may add, these are the best custom Exalted sheets out there. I've
seen a few others but only use these.
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 12:29:37 PM

In article <2heqh3Fc1k0sU1@uni-berlin.de>,
David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:

>Well, they are pretty, but they're missing two of the things I need - space
>for calculating dodge pools, and space for Merits and Flaws. Thanks anyway,
>tho'.

If you want to edit that info in, download Open Office
(http://www.openoffice.org/),
font (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/pterra.zip) and
a bunch of original sheets
(http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/originals.zip)

And edit them a bit. :)  Voilá, you get a neater sheet.
--
* darkelf@co.jyu.fi Working at http://www.iti.fi/ *
* http://www.co.jyu.fi/~darkelf/ Embedded hardware (MPC555/850) *
* d20 SRD in HTML format at: http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/SRD/ *
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 12:56:06 PM

darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi (Heli Kaarina Kinnunen) wrote in message news:<c8v05h$jnr$1@nemesis.co.jyu.fi>...
> In article <2heqh3Fc1k0sU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> David Prokopetz <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, they are pretty, but they're missing two of the things I need - space
> >for calculating dodge pools, and space for Merits and Flaws. Thanks anyway,
> >tho'.
>
> If you want to edit that info in, download Open Office
> (http://www.openoffice.org/),
> font (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/pterra.zip) and
> a bunch of original sheets
> (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/originals.zip)
>
> And edit them a bit. :)  Voilá, you get a neater sheet.

Hmmm... I was not aware Open Office could do that. How is it for
compatibility with MS Office, tho'? I'm not going to blow up my
computer having both installed at once, am I?

- David Prokopetz.
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 3:33:10 PM

On Tue, 25 May 2004 08:29:37 +0000 (UTC), darkelf@nemesis.co.jyu.fi
(Heli Kaarina Kinnunen) wrote:
>If you want to edit that info in, download Open Office
>(http://www.openoffice.org/),
>font (http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/pterra.zip) and

I just wrote you asking for the font, please disregard my
email :)

>a bunch of original sheets
>(http://underdark.iti.fi/~skiriki/Exalted/originals.zip)
>And edit them a bit. :)  Voilá, you get a neater sheet.

Is it easier to edit them in open office than in Adobe Acrobat
?

Guillaume
!