Radeon HD 7850
AMD FX – 6100
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3
Antec 300 ATX mid tower
Corsair 8GB DDR3 (4GB x 2)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
600 watt PSU rated 80+
and an optical drive.

I've looked at it, and it seems to me as if it would work. my question here is this: did i overlook something? is there a cheaper way to get the same performance? This is my first build, and I don't want to screw it up.
11 answers Last reply
More about will work together
  1. if you can, I would highly recommend getting a 6300 at the least. the performance gap between a bulldozer and a piledrive cpu is considerable, as well as the fact that the 6300 has moderately good value.
  2. Trade the 6100 for the 4170. Or even better get a piledriver version like dude mentioned.
    Trade the 600 watt PSU for a 500W. I believe even a 430w corsair buidlers series should be enough.
  3. Thanks, I'm going to trade out the 6100 for the 4170, this is for gaming, so 6 cores over 4 shouldn't be a big deal. the graphics card is where it's at.

on that note, I will be gaming on a single, 19in (1650x1080?) monitor, so it's not even needing to push 1080p.

but I think you guys missed my question. I was asking whether or not these parts were compatible. do any of you have experience having two or more of these parts not working together?
  4. I would recommend the piledriver over the previous generation. They made huge improvements over the old series.

What PSU are you using?
  5. Glad you picked a good PSU lol. Alot of people skimp on the PSU when they do their first build.
  6. You should be fine.
  7. no, it should generally be fine.
  8. But again, will I have any compatibility issues?
  9. awesome! thanks guys!
  10. No problem. Glad to help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems