(XFX 5870)Need help in resetting bios / back to factory settings

meehow

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hi everyone, recently I started playing around with RBE and I'm pretty sure I messed my GPU's bios and now I get weird lines and patterns across my screen when I boot in normal mode and also get BSOD's everytime I do anything serious such as youtube video, watch stream never mind gaming. My graphics card is an XFX 5870 1gb. I tried to flash a default bios in RBE in safe mode but it keeps saying that I need to run the program as administrator... Even if I run as administrator the problem still persists... Really need help on this one. Oh forgot to mention I get BSOD when I try to launch RBE on normal windows boot too.. Really have no clue what I'm supposed to do now. All in all lesson learned I'm never going to play with my bios again :<.

meehow

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried your method and I flashed an official bios and fingers crossed it will work just fine. Currently I get no lines and patterns on desktop but firefox seems to play up and it gives me weird colours in different places such as the search bar, currently using chrome and not a single issue. Still have to check out if I can watch youtube and more...

meehow

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Wow, well this is strange. Haven't touched a thing and the lines are now back up. I just flashed another official bios but this time it's an xfx bios. Will report again if lines come back.

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

yeah only becuase i bricked my hd 6950 trying to flash and had to figure it out

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

good to hear you sorted your problem out ;)