Sign in with
Your question

Strange Problem (Fps Changes very fast between 50 and 60)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 6, 2012 2:38:30 PM

I have a strange problem with my computer and ı don't know if someone encounter this. I can play every game with maximum settings @60fps Crysis2, Max Payne 3, Arma 2, Sleeping Dogs..

But i encounter a problem with only 2 or 3 games includes "I Am Alive". Even at the game menu fps changes really fast between 50 and 60. Even at the game menu game lags. I know "I Am Alive" doesnt compatible with crossfire or sli systems. But ı tried to disable crossfire and play with one card but nothing changed.

Is this a driver issue? or simply my computer doesnt like some games?
And i know some people that have similar pc to mine can play "I Am Alive" without any problem. I don't remember the other problematic games names. Maybe these games are using the same engine, i dont know.

Cpu: i7 2600k @~5ghz
Gpu: 2x Asus hd6970 direct cu ii
Mainboard: Asus p8pz68-v
Ram: 4x4Gb Kingston 1600mhz
Psu: 1200 watt High Power Absolute

What can i try?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Edit: When fps changes 50 from 60 , its like game freezes for 1sec and it resumes again and again...
a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2012 2:46:18 PM

What the temp for the gpu and cpu?
September 6, 2012 2:50:35 PM

rgd1101 said:
What the temp for the gpu and cpu?

Cpu's maximum temp ~60-65
Gpu1 maximum temp ~70
Gpu2 maximum temp ~60-65
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 6, 2012 2:53:49 PM

i am going to take a stab in the dark at this and say ....it seems normal to me. the lets say i take a short break, the game i play most is tf2. in fraps i average 300 fps (the max i am guessing) but if i am going to grab my soda i will park myself in a corner (damned spies) and i have noticed that the fps will drop in half, soon as i start moving again it goes back to normal. so again, i am guessing, it is normal.....probably based simply on the work load.
September 7, 2012 10:36:10 AM

Hi traxformania

did you find a solution for this issue? I have the very same problem. I am searching the web since 3 days ago and I have not found any clue why this could be happenning. The most of the people seem to be able to play it without issues.

My system specs are completely different from yours. Diferent processor, motherboard, single GPU Nvidia 560Ti...

I must say in response to humphreybot, this is not the case when the fps go down as soon as you stop playing for a while and return to normal as soon as you restart playing. As soon as you enter the game menu (with FRAPS running) the FPS raises to 60fps (from the 30fps of the opening videos). After one second they start to jump head and back between 60fps and 50fps. If you forget about this and enter the game, it continues doing this on the starting video, and then in the game. You can move and look around and the fps keep going between 50fps and 60fps, causing a micro sttuter every two seconds or so.

I try to play with vsync on/off and also with a resolution of 50Hz settled up at the desktop. In this case the fps would jump between 50fps and 46fps ¿¿??

Any help would be appreciated.
September 9, 2012 7:56:56 PM

cashemire said:
Hi traxformania

did you find a solution for this issue? I have the very same problem. I am searching the web since 3 days ago and I have not found any clue why this could be happenning. The most of the people seem to be able to play it without issues.

My system specs are completely different from yours. Diferent processor, motherboard, single GPU Nvidia 560Ti...

I must say in response to humphreybot, this is not the case when the fps go down as soon as you stop playing for a while and return to normal as soon as you restart playing. As soon as you enter the game menu (with FRAPS running) the FPS raises to 60fps (from the 30fps of the opening videos). After one second they start to jump head and back between 60fps and 50fps. If you forget about this and enter the game, it continues doing this on the starting video, and then in the game. You can move and look around and the fps keep going between 50fps and 60fps, causing a micro sttuter every two seconds or so.

I try to play with vsync on/off and also with a resolution of 50Hz settled up at the desktop. In this case the fps would jump between 50fps and 46fps ¿¿??

Any help would be appreciated.

Found the solution !

" Disable all your HID Compliant devices in your Device Manager (every device starting with HID Compliant under Human Interface section). Worked for me and others "

September 10, 2012 6:08:12 PM

traxformania said:
Found the solution !

" Disable all your HID Compliant devices in your Device Manager (every device starting with HID Compliant under Human Interface section). Worked for me and others "

Yeah! It worked!!!

Thank you very much :-D

!