Help with a new card??

Kaine-M95

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hey, i bought a computer a few months ago for PC gaming, mainly skyrim. Unfortunately i didnt have much (and still dont) knowledge when it came to graphics cards, so i opted for a AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 GPU. This has lead to me not being able to play my games on the high resoulutions which up until now hasnt realy bothered me but now i think its time i upgraded to a better card so i can get to the high or ultra settings on games. my benchmark realy is Skyrim, id like to be able to play with a high FPS on high or ultra settings. My computers specs as it stands are:
AMD FX(tm)- 4100 Quad Core processor
8GB RAM
and as ive said the AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 GPU.

any help would be much appreciated. And one last thing my price range is around the £100-£150 mark not too high i know but im in school so im not exactly rolling in money. thanks

Kaine-M95

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
ill try and check what make the psu is, but would a GTX card fit with an AMD motherboard? and sorry i dont know the screen resolution its just hooked up to a 19 inch HD TV

On your budget, you can probably find a HD7770 or HD6850. If your PSU has a PCIe power connector, it should be sufficient to run either of those, even if it is only capable of providing 400W. If you do NOT have a PCIe power connector, it is probably not safe to use adapters (you risk killing your system if the PSU is too weak), and the strongest card you should consider is a HD7750.

Kaine-M95

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
thanks for all the help guys, im gonna look around and see which card will match my price range and needs best, and probably upgrade my PSU in the process :)

That card would be nice. A quality 500W PSU will be needed. Look for 80+ certification; not so much for the efficiency, but because it will have been tested at 100% load for long enough that a cheap PSU would have croaked.