Help finishing first build....

Well folks,

I am just looking for some extra help or advice on finishing my first gaming rig. I have some items bought, but am still unsure of certain areas as to where my money is best spent.

Here is what I have bought already....

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition Full Size Case

Antec High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB 1600mhz

Windows 7 Home

I know I have a long way to go, but I will be buying the rest of the stuff over the rest of the month.

So I have $1440 left on my budget. How can I spend it the best way possible??

This computer will be used for gaming and surfing the net mostly.
I dont plan on overclocking anything till way way down the line and by then I just might be bothered,lol.

Here is what I was thinking....

i5-3570k ---------not changing

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO --------not changing

Asus P8Z77-V PRO -------not set on this. I like the built in wifi, thats why I have picked this.

Samsung 830 Series 256GB ----------not set on this, just looking for the best deal between this, plextor and maybe the Vertex 4

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB-----I might go down to the 500GB to save a few $$$ as I use multiple external HD's to store music, games, movies etc.

chocie of 3 GPU's are-----ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, ASUS HD 7970 Matrix Platinum 3 GB

Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer -------not set on this.

I need a single monitor 1920 x 1080

I will also need a Mouse and Keyboard.

So there you have it. I am constantly looking for deals on newegg, amazon, ncix...I hold no grudges,lol. I want the best deals. So any help in finishing out my build would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help finishing build
  1. Best answer
    All of these choices look good. You should definitely go with the 7970, hands down. You can either buy a GHz edition which will actually perform better out of the box for less money than a 680, or you can buy a vanilla 7970 and overclock it yourself.

The 680 is, sad to say, a waste of money. Even if you wanted to stick with nvidia, a 670 will give you very nearly the same performance for a lot less money.
  2. Yeah, I'm kind of leaning that way...that way been the 7970. But I really need to find the best way to spend that remainder of the budget to try get best bang for buck. I know the Matrix 7970 is about $480 which is cheaper than the 680. But if you got any more advice, I'll be glad to take it on board.
    cheers for the reply though:-)
  3. Check out the Gigabyte version of the 7970 GE:

The windforce cooling solution they use is very effective and also quiet. It's also overclocked very slightly higher, and significantly less expensive. :)

Other than that, your hardware is all looking great and I'd say to focus on peripherals at this point.
  4. Best answer selected by alanburke62.
  5. If anyone reads this and still wants to give some information on the remainder of stuff I need to fill out my build, I would be grateful.

Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product