Help finishing first build....

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2012 1:04:03 AM

Well folks,

I am just looking for some extra help or advice on finishing my first gaming rig. I have some items bought, but am still unsure of certain areas as to where my money is best spent.

Here is what I have bought already....

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition Full Size Case

Antec High Current Pro HCP-750 750W TX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB 1600mhz

Windows 7 Home

I know I have a long way to go, but I will be buying the rest of the stuff over the rest of the month.

So I have $1440 left on my budget. How can I spend it the best way possible??

This computer will be used for gaming and surfing the net mostly.
I dont plan on overclocking anything till way way down the line and by then I just might be bothered,lol.

Here is what I was thinking....

i5-3570k ---------not changing

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO --------not changing

Asus P8Z77-V PRO -------not set on this. I like the built in wifi, thats why I have picked this.

Samsung 830 Series 256GB ----------not set on this, just looking for the best deal between this, plextor and maybe the Vertex 4

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB-----I might go down to the 500GB to save a few $$$ as I use multiple external HD's to store music, games, movies etc.

chocie of 3 GPU's are-----ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP, MSI GTX 680 Lightning, ASUS HD 7970 Matrix Platinum 3 GB

Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer -------not set on this.

I need a single monitor 1920 x 1080

I will also need a Mouse and Keyboard.

So there you have it. I am constantly looking for deals on newegg, amazon, ncix...I hold no grudges,lol. I want the best deals. So any help in finishing out my build would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alan

More about : finishing build

Best solution

November 3, 2012 1:29:58 AM

All of these choices look good. You should definitely go with the 7970, hands down. You can either buy a GHz edition which will actually perform better out of the box for less money than a 680, or you can buy a vanilla 7970 and overclock it yourself.

The 680 is, sad to say, a waste of money. Even if you wanted to stick with nvidia, a 670 will give you very nearly the same performance for a lot less money.
November 3, 2012 1:39:30 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of leaning that way...that way been the 7970. But I really need to find the best way to spend that remainder of the budget to try get best bang for buck. I know the Matrix 7970 is about $480 which is cheaper than the 680. But if you got any more advice, I'll be glad to take it on board.
cheers for the reply though:-)
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2012 1:48:40 AM

Check out the Gigabyte version of the 7970 GE: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr797...

The windforce cooling solution they use is very effective and also quiet. It's also overclocked very slightly higher, and significantly less expensive. :) 

Other than that, your hardware is all looking great and I'd say to focus on peripherals at this point.
m
l
November 3, 2012 2:39:22 PM

Best answer selected by alanburke62.
m
l
November 3, 2012 2:40:05 PM

If anyone reads this and still wants to give some information on the remainder of stuff I need to fill out my build, I would be grateful.

Cheers,
Alan
m
l
!