Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is this a good build for gaming and editing programs

Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2012 2:18:53 AM

Hey, Is this a good build for gaming but also for editing programs such as after effects and sony vegas etc.
- GeForce GTX 660 Ti
- 8 GB Ram DDR3
- Intel core i7 3770k
- Asrock Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard -
- 1 TB HDD
- Overseer RX-I Thermaltake Full Tower case
-CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire
- DVD-RW burner double layer
- bluray Combo BD-ROM/DVD-RW

Also how much is this overall? in Aus money? my budget is around 1000-1500 dollars, Is this more than enough? Any changes?
November 3, 2012 2:30:15 AM

Have a look at pccasegear or mwave (they sell pc parts), by my quick'n'dirty count I'd say that would be around...1200?

Why have u got 2 DVD burners? Do you need them?
That unlocked i7 is useless for over clocking without aftermarket heatsink to cool it
Do you need a full tower case?
An SSD would make that build feel FAR faster, though there price/gigabyte is a lot higher than normal HDD's
Have you considered a radeon HD 7950 or the slightly-more-expensive-but-much-better-rounded GTX 670?
November 3, 2012 2:35:11 AM

Don't get a 660 ti. Just get the regular 660 and overclock it some, it will save you $100 and give you the exact same performance as one.
Related resources
November 3, 2012 2:53:06 AM

go to www.msy.com.au i find them the cheapest in au. the psu is good but way over power for that sys 600w will be sufficient, make sure you get a different hsf if your gonna spend the extra on the 'k' and overclocking if you dont wanna go to hard cm 212evo is great little cooler, drop the dvd burner the bluray drive will burn dvds, any reason for that case in particular i think most tt cases look aweful maybe something like a nzxt phantom 410 same coin much nicer looking
November 3, 2012 2:59:12 AM

I think he should keep the higher power PSU so if he ever needs or wants more power he doesn't need to buy a new one
November 3, 2012 3:06:48 AM

PANZER4 said:
I think he should keep the higher power PSU so if he ever needs or wants more power he doesn't need to buy a new one

the way things are going most things arent consuming much more, cpus (intels anyways) use less and less power each generation,gpu's they are pretty static, so unless you wanna go big time crossfire sli its fine so long as you stick with a decent brand
November 3, 2012 3:09:38 AM

jasont78 said:
go to www.msy.com.au i find them the cheapest in au. the psu is good but way over power for that sys 600w will be sufficient, make sure you get a different hsf if your gonna spend the extra on the 'k' and overclocking if you dont wanna go to hard cm 212evo is great little cooler, drop the dvd burner the bluray drive will burn dvds, any reason for that case in particular i think most tt cases look aweful maybe something like a nzxt phantom 410 same coin much nicer looking

Yeh I'll keep just the bluray burner, but I'm keeping it at 750w psu because I might sometimes want to add more stuff in the future because I will be keeping this computer permanently.

I'll see more about the case, But I've heard good stuff about this tt case called overseer rx-1
November 3, 2012 3:10:54 AM

jasont78 said:
the way things are going most things arent consuming much more, cpus (intels anyways) use less and less power each generation,gpu's they are pretty static, so unless you wanna go big time crossfire sli its fine so long as you stick with a decent brand

Oh I see..., Everything else in this build is fine right?
November 3, 2012 3:11:32 AM

Make sure you can actually find the case, and make sure that you like the look of it. Your typically stuck with the Case the longest out of all the parts
November 3, 2012 3:12:50 AM

Look at my top post for suggestions, I seriously think they're worth considering
November 3, 2012 3:26:10 AM

PANZER4 said:
Look at my top post for suggestions, I seriously think they're worth considering

Is a NZXT Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Case good for my parts i have?

Best solution

November 3, 2012 3:30:54 AM

Any mid tower that can fit standard ATX should work-the only thing to watch out for past that is whether it fits an aftermarket heatsink, and whether it fits very long graphics cards- I doubt you have to watch out for either, but always check to be safe
November 3, 2012 6:27:45 AM

Best answer selected by Jimziieboy.
!