Solved

Selling Computer (Need Advice)

I'm hoping this is the right forum to post this in, since it seemed the most relevant. If it's not, I apologize and feel free to move the topic to the right forum.

On to the topic of discussion.

I'm selling my computer, which is a Pre-built machine from iBuyPower. The specs are as follows:

CPU: i5-760 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 @ 667MHz
Mobo: EVGA P55 SLI E655
GFX: 896MB GeForce GTX 260 (Superclocked)
HDD: 250 GB Western Digital

+ 1 optical drive.

I'm trying to get an idea of how much I could sell the tower for. It's in an orange NZXT case that's in pretty decent condition. I'm also looking for pointers about places to put up my ad, how I should describe the computer, etc..

Basically I'm trying to get as much money as I can to make room for my new build I posted on the "New build" sub-forum of the Systems area.

Thanks in advance!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about selling computer need advice
  1. I would guess you could get $240 maybe $300. Your cpu is about $140 used and your gpu is about $70.
  2. Should be able to get ~$400 on craigslist. Id advertise it as a midrange gamer . The cup is good its only a good video card upgrade from being a decent gaming rig.
  3. I'd list it at 400$ and would accept 300$
  4. Best answer
    bignastyid said:
    Should be able to get ~$400 on craigslist. Id advertise it as a midrange gamer . The cup is good its only a good video card upgrade from being a decent gaming rig.

+1

the mid range gamer with higher end potential with 4 more Gbs of RAM and a 7870/660 for a GPU.
    that quad core i5 still has plenty of game left in it.
  5. Nice! I was hoping to sell it for ~$400!

So any ideas how I should word the ad to get the most attention? This will be my first time selling anything on craigslist haha.

Right now my plan is to list the specs, in a more "clean" format, and just say it's a great computer that would be a perfect gaming rig with an updated graphics card and perhaps 4 GB of RAM like you guys mentioned as well. And obviously some good, high-quality photos of inside and outside the case.
  6. just be honest. and if you take some pictures see about making it look nice with some cable management and dust it out. i am appalled at people selling rigs and posting dusty boards with spaghetti hanging around the inside.

maybe post some frame rates if you are gaming and say that $160 (the price of a 7850) will dramatically improve the performance. the 4 more gigs of RAM would be nice but not entirely necessary; not many games use more than 4.
  7. Alright thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll definitely try to clean it up some.

Wish me luck selling it!
  8. good luck.
  9. Best answer selected by KnightFiyah.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems Product