KnightFiyah

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I'm hoping this is the right forum to post this in, since it seemed the most relevant. If it's not, I apologize and feel free to move the topic to the right forum.

On to the topic of discussion.

I'm selling my computer, which is a Pre-built machine from iBuyPower. The specs are as follows:

CPU: i5-760 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 @ 667MHz
Mobo: EVGA P55 SLI E655
GFX: 896MB GeForce GTX 260 (Superclocked)
HDD: 250 GB Western Digital

+ 1 optical drive.

I'm trying to get an idea of how much I could sell the tower for. It's in an orange NZXT case that's in pretty decent condition. I'm also looking for pointers about places to put up my ad, how I should describe the computer, etc..

Basically I'm trying to get as much money as I can to make room for my new build I posted on the "New build" sub-forum of the Systems area.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
G

+1

the mid range gamer with higher end potential with 4 more Gbs of RAM and a 7870/660 for a GPU.
that quad core i5 still has plenty of game left in it.
G

+1

the mid range gamer with higher end potential with 4 more Gbs of RAM and a 7870/660 for a GPU.
that quad core i5 still has plenty of game left in it.

Solution

KnightFiyah

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Nice! I was hoping to sell it for ~$400!

So any ideas how I should word the ad to get the most attention? This will be my first time selling anything on craigslist haha.

Right now my plan is to list the specs, in a more "clean" format, and just say it's a great computer that would be a perfect gaming rig with an updated graphics card and perhaps 4 GB of RAM like you guys mentioned as well. And obviously some good, high-quality photos of inside and outside the case.

G

just be honest. and if you take some pictures see about making it look nice with some cable management and dust it out. i am appalled at people selling rigs and posting dusty boards with spaghetti hanging around the inside.

maybe post some frame rates if you are gaming and say that $160 (the price of a 7850) will dramatically improve the performance. the 4 more gigs of RAM would be nice but not entirely necessary; not many games use more than 4.