Sign in with
Your question

CD Dive problem.

Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2012 4:58:51 AM

Hi as of recently my asus cd drive started to go haywire on me. Every time I put in a cd it sounds like the drive is having an incredibly tough time reading it. To begin with, the drive is able to recognize the disc almost instantly but once I start to run or install a program I begin to hear what's seems like clicking sound. Or what seems to be the CD drive stopping and spinning periodically. Installations seem to keep failing with all my pc games and programs with errors such as " 1628 Failed to complete installation". So I go out and buy a new drive.....and sure enough the problem persist. The drive has the same clicky sound when attempting to install anything from a disc. So I test the new drive inside my brothers pc and sure enough it works just fine...... Seems like a software problem on my end. What could it be?

Specs. Windows 8
-Mobo- asrock extreme mother board4
-gtx 680
-i5 3470
-samsung 830 SSD
- 8 gigs Crucial

More about : dive problem

November 3, 2012 5:24:56 AM

hmmm ...might be a problem with the windows installer/shield or whatever? Because its just installation cd that seems to be the problem....as im able to play dvd and music cds just fine...
!