Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My First Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 3, 2012 6:20:35 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: This weekend

Budget Range:600-800$ (Canadian) Build Done

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Streaming Console games (Blackmagic)

Are you buying a monitor: No



Parts to Upgrade: New Build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (Any cheap tricks?

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca and NCIS as I CANNOT order online I must go to the store.

Location: Brampton

Parts Preferences: Either

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

For playing maybe a few FPS's, LoL, and mainly for streaming my console games.
If possible I would like to have part that I can easily upgrade.
I.E I can afford an i5 now but down the road I can put in an i7 later same for GPU.

More about : build

November 3, 2012 8:01:05 AM

Have put together the best gaming system, via Particker.ca. This sources from the cheapest supplier, but all components appear to be available from your chosen suppliers, though not necessarily at the cheapest price. Checcking the cheapest place you can buy, is a job you will have to do. I have left reasonable amount, in budget, to allow for this. You may find you have enough for i5-3570K CPU, plus Coolermaster Hyper 212Evo, which would ADD around $130, or for a better graphics card.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($122.37 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.45 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.79 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($96.99 @ Computer Valley)
Total: $665.55
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Motherboard and power supply can take all the way to i7-3770K, and HD7970, if you wished. Don't forget to add an aftermarket cooler if using an unlocked processor.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 8:20:45 AM

pretty good for the money

malbluff said:
Have put together the best gaming system, via Particker.ca. This sources from the cheapest supplier, but all components appear to be available from your chosen suppliers, though not necessarily at the cheapest price. Checcking the cheapest place you can buy, is a job you will have to do. I have left reasonable amount, in budget, to allow for this. You may find you have enough for i5-3570K CPU, plus Coolermaster Hyper 212Evo, which would ADD around $130, or for a better graphics card.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($122.37 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($77.45 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ NCIX)
Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.79 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($96.99 @ Computer Valley)
Total: $665.55
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Motherboard and power supply can take all the way to i7-3770K, and HD7970, if you wished. Don't forget to add an aftermarket cooler if using an unlocked processor.

m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 3, 2012 8:21:39 AM

Wow both are very very cheap, just wondering I can spend a little more so maybe a better GPU?
Wanna be able to run my LoL, WoW, and SC2 maxed, and maybe a nice Call fo Duty,?
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 8:26:27 AM

He'll yeah it'll run COD, it hasn't changed in 4 years, though its a different story for BF3
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 8:54:23 AM

PANZER4 said:
He'll yeah it'll run COD, it hasn't changed in 4 years, though its a different story for BF3


I do enjoy BF3 so ya could you give me a card that could maybe play on high with a decenT FPS?
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 9:25:25 AM

Well, assuming decent is an average of 40 FPS and general minimum of 30 FPS, I know that something roughly equivalent to a 560 Ti-I haven't kept up in bench,arks, but I'd say a 7850. TBH I'm not to hot on nvidia because they've given some strange characteristics to their middle and lower end cards by bandwidth bottlenecking them, but I'd say a 650Ti(bad value IMO) or 660 (better value, but not the best IMO)
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 9:33:30 AM

PANZER4 said:
Well, assuming decent is an average of 40 FPS and general minimum of 30 FPS, I know that something roughly equivalent to a 560 Ti-I haven't kept up in bench,arks, but I'd say a 7850. TBH I'm not to hot on nvidia because they've given some strange characteristics to their middle and lower end cards by bandwidth bottlenecking them, but I'd say a 650Ti(bad value IMO) or 660 (better value, but not the best IMO)



From what I have heard the HD series atm is better to go with.
So your saying the 7850? which one if possible.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 9:44:11 AM

Mainly it's the fact that NV refuses to drop prices, allowing the radeons to basically rule every price point
I'd say always go for the 2GB version, and basically choose whatever aftermarket/ reference card you want
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 9:59:54 AM

Have a look at this
Keep in mind it should be better thanks to driver optimisations
Edited due to fail posting link
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 10:07:16 AM

LunarisDope said:
From what I have heard the HD series atm is better to go with.
So your saying the 7850? which one if possible.

The MSI twin fanned versions are possibly best. XFX do a reasonably priced version, that's quite good. Note HD7850 is as good as GTX660 in a lot of games, but in certain games, like BF3, Borderlands, Starcraft, Portal, The GTX660 is worth the extra cost, for better performance.
Uprating the GPU is probably the best, first thing to do with any spare cash. Upgrading CPU to i5 would also give benefits, especially in things like multi-player, in BF3, but a GPU uprate will give more general benefits. Nice, of course, if you can do both. lol.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 10:13:03 AM

That's an excellent card, the only problem I have with it is that for an extra 30$ you can get a fully fledged Pitcairn 7870. Of course, that's always the problem-start with a 600$ budget, then 700$, then 800$ etc. but do not hesitate to purchase that card if you like it.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 10:21:05 AM

PANZER4 said:
That's an excellent card, the only problem I have with it is that for an extra 30$ you can get a fully fledged Pitcairn 7870. Of course, that's always the problem-start with a 600$ budget, then 700$, then 800$ etc. but do not hesitate to purchase that card if you like it.



Alright, ill go witht hat for now.
Just a few more questions say after christmas I want more power and go with an i7 sandy, maybe a new card 600's series maybe there is no compatability issues?
Also what can I expect the average FPS for games like.

BF3
CS:GO
LoL
SC2
WoW
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 10:30:27 AM

I would honestly say, if your going to upgrade, spend that little extra now, wait until the new generation 8XXX from AMD and the 7XX from NVidia and upgrade if you want then.
If you get an i7 you won't see any quantifiable differences vs the i5 except in serious multithreaded tasks.
Just read your comment bout compatability, and no, there should be absolutely no issues whatsoever. Any ivy/sandy i7 can just drop in to LGA 1155 Sockets. And all graphics cards use the same PCIe X 16 slot, so there shouldn't be a problem.
m
0
l
November 3, 2012 11:32:38 AM

LunarisDope said:
Alright, ill go witht hat for now.
Just a few more questions say after christmas I want more power and go with an i7 sandy, maybe a new card 600's series maybe there is no compatability issues?
Also what can I expect the average FPS for games like.

BF3
CS:GO
LoL
SC2
WoW

Best "rule" is always get the best card, you can afford in the latest generation. Then make do, for at least one generation, then get the best you can afford, inthat. If, in the meantime, you can go to i5-3570K (obviously cheaper, if you can do it from start), (i7 pointless unless you're into photo/video editing), and/or add an SSD.
HD7870 is worth extra, over HD7850, assuming you have money, in first place.
Be a little careful, with budget. Those prices in my original build are "lowest in Canada". you may pay more at your chosen suppliers.
If you want any guidance, on frame rates, what is your monitor resolution?
m
0
l
!