elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I've been spending money like crazy on my various builds this week, so I figured I might as well drop some additional money to get something good for my main rig.

I'm looking at PCpartpicker right now (Canada, so it's CAD $ here) and I'm looking at 3 different GTX 670's : EVGA's reference model for 380$, Gigabyte's Windforce 3x thing for 400$ and the MSI Power Edition for 420$. I'm lost here.

Is any of these card better than the others considering it's price ?

XXStavrosXX

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
I believe that the OP does not want to buy all 3 of them but to choose the best.

As you can see here, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,review-32475.html , Gigabyte's product has win tomshardware recommended award, however they do not review MSI's product. Power Edition will be stronger as well as more noisy and bulky. Don't know if t worths the extra money, I would probably choose Gigabytes OCed version.

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah sorry I figured I wrote this the wrong way, ended up being confusing. I'm not going tri SLI, but rather I'm undecided about which of these 3 cards I will buy. I'm running this on an Asus P8Z77-V Standard, so I'm limited to a single card.

I'm not going to say its the best but I have the 670 Windforce thing and it is great. Very quiet and the memory on the gigabyte boards seem to OC allot more than others I have got mine up to 7700 mhz and keep it at 7 all the time base clock 1050 boost 1280 it does everything it needs to ... But like everyonce else said they will all perform within prob 5% of each other depending on clock.

Thent

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Yeah talking about overclock. I can't say I have much experience with it. I definitely intend to try it with this card but is one of them "easier" to OC than the other ? MSI and GB seem to both have great coolers I guess I'll end up buying one of these two.

samuraimastr

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I'd recommend the Gigabyte's Windforce. As Stavros stated, it is one of TomsHardware's recommended picks, and you will 100% not have to buy an aftermarket cooler for it. Check out the review; it runs very quietly for having three fans, and the cooler you can get it, the more you can overclock. Plus, I think it looks pretty awesome.

elheriel

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks everyone for the replies. The Gigabyte is ordered and on it's way ;)

Noticed there was a 25$ mail in rebate on it so in the end it's even cheaper than the reference EVGA card.