Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)
Iam Ravi Kumar .N, working on CF
card. I have a query regarding accessing of data register when CF
card data width is configured for 8-bit access. i.e CE2# = HIGH
and CE1# = LOW.
My queries are as follows
1) How to read the 16-bit data register of CF card when CF card is
configured for 8-bit wide access i.e . By making CE2# HIGH and CE1#
2) I tried to read the 16-bit data register byte by byte, but i
didn't get the intended result.
3) Here is how I have inplemented to read the 16- bit data register
byte by byte.
1)Number of sector to read in sector count register
2) Starting sector number in sector number rigister
3) Placed zero's to cylinder low and high register
4) Issue the read the command.
5) if the status register is valid i.e 0x58, then the
following code will be executed.