burns94

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: few months

Budget Range: up to £550

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video Editing, Internet browsing

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: amazon, pixmania, dabs

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024

Additional Comments: I would like to run games such as Battlefield 3 and skyrim on their best settings.

I have come up with this config

Intel Core i5 3450
Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Motherboard
AMD ATI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Graphics Card
8GB Transcend 1333MHz RAM
500GB Sata III Hard Drive
CIT Mars Blue Gaming Case
Xigmatek 500W PSU
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card

Could you please advise if this setup will work together and be suitable for playing battlefield 3 and any improvements that may be needed.

Thanks

malbluff

Honorable
There is little point to a Sniper mobo, with a locked i5-3450 processor. Save yourself some cash, with a H77 mobo. Just as good, for your build.
I would use 8GB(2x4GB) 1600MHz RAM, ideally GSKill Ares, Crucial Ballistix Sport, or Corsair CML. Not essential to use the low profile versions, but would allow you to upgrade cooler, should you ever wish to do so (quieter, if nothing else).
Whilst CIT case is adequate, they are poor build quality. Spending a bit extra on a decent case, is worth it in the long run, if you don't want bits dropping off, after a few months.
Xigmatek aren't very good PSUs. Antec, XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, BeQuiet, all better.

PANZER4

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
If your going to SLI/crossfire, I would spend the extra 50-60$ on a 2GB 7850- vastly improved performance and should last you ages at that resolution (spend a little extra now for better performance in the long run)

PANZER4

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Yeah, but this way he basically will never have to upgrade, and if he does change his res he won't have to worry about upgrading graphics as well