Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • LCD
  • LED Monitor
  • HP Pavilion
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 6, 2012 10:29:36 PM

I have an HP Pavilion DV7 with a LED LCD screen and the screen is black upon power up. If I use a flashlight to shine on the lcd when the laptop is booting I can see the win7 desktop and cursor. I have not connected it to an external monitor but I think it would work. If this were an older style LCD I would believe the inverter had died and I have replaced many of those. But this is an LED style LCD. Is there anything that can be done or is the whole display going to need changing?

Thanks in advance.

More about : pavilion dv7 led display blank

a c 104 U Graphics card
September 6, 2012 10:59:47 PM

thats pretty weird...sounds like your backlighting has gone out. test it with another monitor to make sure..usually with monitor issues like this it is much more cost effective to just buy a new one.
m
l
September 6, 2012 11:51:58 PM

Thanks for the help. I can pickup a new LED LCD on eBay for around $80 so I might just go that route.
m
l
Related resources
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 7, 2012 12:01:52 AM

yea that might be the best bet its worth the $80 just for your time trying to fix it let alone the cost of any parts
m
l
December 4, 2012 9:45:21 PM

jziggy101 said:
I have an HP Pavilion DV7 with a LED LCD screen and the screen is black upon power up. If I use a flashlight to shine on the lcd when the laptop is booting I can see the win7 desktop and cursor. I have not connected it to an external monitor but I think it would work. If this were an older style LCD I would believe the inverter had died and I have replaced many of those. But this is an LED style LCD. Is there anything that can be done or is the whole display going to need changing?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get your DV7 screen working? I have same problem. I tried replacing screen but no luck. I am now attempting to replace the display data cable.
m
l
!