Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Graphics card under 350$ that will support triple monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 6, 2012 11:29:50 PM

Not looking to game across them, just looking to have 3 monitors as my desktop while being able to game in the middle one.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2012 11:39:21 PM

I can't think of any gpu thats on the $350 mark. You can either get a hd7950 for $300 or a hd7970 for $400. They both support tripple monitor but needless to say, the hd7970 is a lot better. So with the 7950, you will need to lower your settings quite a bit if you want to game with tripple monitors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Edit- Since your not gaming tripple monitors, you may consider nvidia gtx660 ti- this card can power up tripple displays with 2xdvi and a single hdmi.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Overall, I'd get the sapphire hd7950 since it appears to be the more solid card of it 2. But thats just me.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2012 11:41:39 PM

adrunkpenguin said:
Not looking to game across them, just looking to have 3 monitors as my desktop while being able to game in the middle one.


The cheapest I can think of is Radeon 6870 1Gb. Depending where you buy it from the price on average ~$130-150. I wouldn't recommend any other cards less than that since it won't be able to handle modern games well.

HD 6870 has the following ports:
2 DVI -> DVI-D
2 HDMI -> HDMI and HDMI mini

I think this is plenty of ports. You only need to configure it to run three monitors since Catalyst drivers don't properly do it themselves.

If you still want to connect more monitors you can always buy an HDMI extension hub that gives you 6 more ports.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2012 11:42:27 PM

Actually, that depends on the resolution of the middle monitor, what games you play, and what settings you want to play them on. we'll need that information to make more accurate recommendations.

A 6750 coould easily support 3 monitors for productivity, even 3 1920x1080 monitors. But you don't want to game @1920x1080 with that.

A 6770 would easily support 3 1280x1024 monitors, and game very well on the middle one.
m
0
l
September 6, 2012 11:46:03 PM

shamsmu said:
Edit- Since your not gaming tripple monitors, you may consider nvidia gtx660 ti- this card can power up tripple displays with 2xdvi and a single hdmi.



I was thinking about getting the 660ti
m
0
l
a c 269 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2012 11:46:06 PM

adrunkpenguin said:
Not looking to game across them, just looking to have 3 monitors as my desktop while being able to game in the middle one.


If your motherboard/cpu supports integrated graphics, use those two attachments for the side monitors, and spend all of your $350 budget on a gaming card.

If your motherboard has an open slot, you can buy a second cheap graphics card for <$50 to attach the 2 side monitors, leaving a $300 budget for the gaming monitor.

The advantage of this approach is that the full capability of your gaming card can be applied to gaming.
m
0
l
September 6, 2012 11:49:19 PM

quilciri said:
Actually, that depends on the resolution of the middle monitor, what games you play, and what settings you want to play them on. we'll need that information to make more accurate recommendations.

A 6750 coould easily support 3 monitors for productivity, even 3 1920x1080 monitors. But you don't want to game @1920x1080 with that.

A 6770 would easily support 3 1280x1024 monitors, and game very well on the middle one.


3 Asus VH236H 23" BF3, Arkham Asylum, Those kind of games at high/max
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2012 11:52:38 PM

adrunkpenguin said:
I was thinking about getting the 660ti


yeah the gtx660 ti trades blows with the hd7950. For the price/performance ratio, the gtx660 ti is an absolute beast! White I believe the hd7950 is more of a solid card cause of its 384bit memory bus speed as opposed to the 192bit of the gtx660, if you prefer nvidia- then the gtx660 ti is the way to go. For dx11 titles like arkham city, bf3 and such, the gtx660 ti is proven to do really good.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
September 6, 2012 11:57:09 PM

adrunkpenguin said:
3 Asus VH236H 23" BF3, Arkham Asylum, Those kind of games at high/max


going to assume those are 1920x1080. Just to reinforce other posts here, then. the 660ti or 7950 are your best bet. You can't go wrong with either card. If you have patience, you can occasionally find a 7970 for $360, usually after mail-in.

If you're looking to go cheap, you can grab ASUS' DCII 7850 for $220 (best stock cooler) and overclock it. @1200mhz core, it matches the stock performance of a 7950.

good luck!
m
0
l
!