SLI with ASUS GTX560ti and Zotac GTX560SE - No SLI Option In Nvidia CP

maxman190

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
I connected all of the power connectors to both graphic cards, I tried putting SLI bridge backwards and forward. My Nvidia control panel does not have SLI option, I searched PhysX and 3D setting menu, but there's nothing!!
n6ob9.png

23jqvww.png

2ex0h81.png

It can detect both cards just fine, but there's no SLI option!!

When I run FurMark, only my primary GTX560ti is being used.
2aig4gi.png

I used one gpu at a time, both works fine separately. I did a clean uninstall with driver fusion(driver sweeper) and I tried the latest video driver and the latest beta driver, but there's still no SLI option in the control panel.

I did my research and saw that SLI is possible with different vendor/cards as long as the chipset is the same, both are GTX560. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia over 5 times, still nothing! Someone helpppppppppppp!

mastrom101

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I don't think you can SLI a 560ti and a 560SE.

The VENDORS can be different (E.G. EVGA and Asus) but the 560ti and 560 SE are two totally different cards. That's like trying to SLI a 580 and a 560 Ti 448.

The 560Ti and 560SE have a different memory bandwidths, a different amount of cores, and possibly different clock speeds.

Sorry about that bud :(

EDIT:

Your not fully out of luck. Even if you're unable to return the card, you can always dedicate the SE to physx.
Hope that helped

mastrom101

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

You can either try to resell or use it for PHYSX, your choice.

But you should of checked the compatibility before buying the card:

Source: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq#c16

Can I mix and match graphics cards that have different GPUs?

No. For example, an XXXGT cannot be paired with a XXXGTX in an SLI configuration.

Can I mix and match graphics cards from different manufacturers?

Using 180 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA graphics cards from different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer ABC can be matched with a GeForce XXXGT from manufacturer XYZ.

Can I mix and match graphics cards if one of them is overclocked by the manufacturer?

Yes. A GeForce XXXX GTX that is overclocked can be mixed with a standard clocked GeForce XXXX GTX.

Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?

When purchasing a second graphics card, you should try to match the memory size so that you are ensured full value and performance from your purchase. However, while it is not recommended, NVIDIA does offer the flexibility to run graphics cards with different sized memory by using CoolBits. Using CoolBits (value set to 18), you can force both of the cards to use the lower of the two memory sizes and operate them together in SLI mode. When dissimilar memory sizes are enabled to work together using CoolBits, the effective memory size for each card becomes the smaller of the memory sizes.

Sorry about that