Did i fry my graphics/Video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablossjui

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hello, I introduce you to my problem, enjoy...
I left the computer turned on, downloading a torrent, but, the power got out by a storm and when i turned it on again it booted using a resolution of 800x600 (i was using 1360x768) I didn´t care and switched the resoution back up. (I have a LCD screen)

Then again, I realized i wasn´t using Aero i tried to use it then it won´t show up like before (It only has the regular nonAero theme).

And also, that I play games that are a bit intensive for my CPU. They won´t start, they say that Ddraw.dll it has an error or not available for windows.

It also seems that DirectX is affected because I can´t run dxdiag.exe.

And I want to know what can I do to fix it, and if it is because i fried something I want to know how to open up the CPU

Help! I want my games back!

(games affected: CoD´s, Minecraft, Doom 3, Portal 2, Assasins Creed 1 & 2)

Specifications of My Computer

RAM: 3.5
Proccesor: i3 icore 3.10 GHz
Video Card: Intel Graphics HD 3000

Great link. Could have used that a couple of months ago. Had to reinstall, lost a lot of data.

I only have the recovery dvd's so i'm definitely going to make that bootable dvd.

Thanks.

pablossjui

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Ill try it, it will took a while because i need to download the whole ISO since this windows came with my computer.

If anybody else has another suggestion please i would gladly take it

pablossjui

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

No, like i said it came with my computer and the key that i had in Computer>properties won´t work

pablossjui

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
ANSWER CLOSED my friends

emm, actually, I just needed a driver update (I´m sorry i took all of your time)

But i really aprecciate that in my first question everybody helped me

thx you guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS