There's something I've been wondering: Does anyone have any clue as to why
White Wolf didn't have an actual sale on their books, as opposed to the "buy
$30 worth, get two extra" thing?

Just curious ...

Matt Roberts wrote:
> There's something I've been wondering: Does anyone have any clue as to why
> White Wolf didn't have an actual sale on their books, as opposed to the "buy
> $30 worth, get two extra" thing?
>
> Just curious ...

Because they wanted to clear out their stock, and that was a good
gimmick to do it.

--
_______________
Ian A. A. Watson

Matt Roberts wrote:

> There's something I've been wondering: Does anyone have any clue as to why
> White Wolf didn't have an actual sale on their books, as opposed to the "buy
> $30 worth, get two extra" thing?
>
> Just curious ...

A sale is one way to move stock, however, if someone really isn't
interested in the specific product, they probably won't pay for it even
at a cheaper price. By throwing out free stuff with other orders they
can do two things: One, they can say "look, free stuff!" which usually
tends to draw attention. Two, they can just unload the free stuff on
those who place orders, whether the customer wants it or not. That may
seem somewhat counterintuitive, but remember the purpose is to get rid
of old stock for tax purposes moreso than for profit at this point.