Window XP

bill

Does Windows XP have drivers to support a NEC Super Script
870 printer? If I upgrade to Windows XP will I have to buy
a new printer?

All drivers, including those that ship with Windows are the responsibility
of and supplied by the device manufacturer. For information about whether
or not the manufacturer of your printer is supporting it in XP and whether
or not they have XP drivers available for it, you need to check the
manufacturer's website.

You can also check the XP Hardware Compatibility list though you should
check the manufacturer's website as well. Also check the manufacturer's
website for any tech papers and known issues with regard to your device and
XP. Below it the link to the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/compat.asp

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Windows XP have drivers to support a NEC Super Script
> 870 printer? If I upgrade to Windows XP will I have to buy
> a new printer?

Hello
Here is the list of printer drivers that are with XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293378

You can also check the manufacturers website for available drivers.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus