Sign in with
Your question

PSU and Video card upgrade advice

Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2012 8:32:10 PM

So I got an old Dell Dimension E310 and can't get a new computer for a LONG time :'( 
The power supply is only 220 watts so I will be needing a new power supply. In the service manual, it says there is only a PCI Express x1 slot and two PCI slots. What would be a power supply and a power supply that would be compatible with my system?
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 8:50:23 PM

TheSeaps said:
So I got an old Dell Dimension E310 and can't get a new computer for a LONG time :'( 
The power supply is only 220 watts so I will be needing a new power supply. In the service manual, it says there is only a PCI Express x1 slot and two PCI slots. What would be a power supply and a power supply that would be compatible with my system?

pci-e x1 and pci slots are useless for gpus sorry im not aware of any gpus running on a pci-e x1 slot and pci gpus will be like over 10 years old, your wasting your time you wont get one unless you have worded it wrong and mean you have 1 pci-e x16 slot
m
l
November 3, 2012 10:14:31 PM

jasont78 said:
pci-e x1 and pci slots are useless for gpus sorry im not aware of any gpus running on a pci-e x1 slot and pci gpus will be like over 10 years old, your wasting your time you wont get one unless you have worded it wrong and mean you have 1 pci-e x16 slot

Well I'm sorry for being broke and having too much free time lol. At least I'm not looking to play Battlefield 3 ultra xD
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 3, 2012 11:19:45 PM

TheSeaps said:
Well I'm sorry for being broke and having too much free time lol. At least I'm not looking to play Battlefield 3 ultra xD

instead of looking at the service manual why dont you crack the hood open and see what slots it has for yourself, atleast you can play snake, minesweeper and solitaire :kaola: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 198 U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 1:56:17 AM

Honestly, there's not much you can really do with that setup there. There aren't any good PCI or PCI-E X1 cards that will perform very well, let alone on a 220W.
m
l
November 4, 2012 10:43:56 AM

Deemo13 said:
Honestly, there's not much you can really do with that setup there. There aren't any good PCI or PCI-E X1 cards that will perform very well, let alone on a 220W.

I know that there are not any good cards for the slots but I do know that there has to be cards better than the one integrated. The power I was looking to switch out.
m
l
November 4, 2012 10:45:01 AM

jasont78 said:
instead of looking at the service manual why dont you crack the hood open and see what slots it has for yourself, atleast you can play snake, minesweeper and solitaire :kaola: 

I did open it up and those are the only slots available :(  Anyway... MINESWEEPER? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? ITS SO DEMANDING, YOU KNOW YOU NEED AT LEAST A GTX 690 jkjk :kaola: 
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 198 U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 6:46:54 PM

Well are you trying to game or something or is the integrated graphics broken?
m
l
November 4, 2012 7:55:14 PM

Deemo13 said:
Well are you trying to game or something or is the integrated graphics broken?

I just want to watch and play the games I already CAN play a little bit smoother.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a c 198 U Graphics card
November 4, 2012 9:35:44 PM

Well, on Newegg I did find a 9400GT for the PCI slot, but its $80+ and I wouldn't recommend it.
m
l
!