Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I need a pc that wont cost to much, but has great performance

Last response: in Systems
November 3, 2012 8:35:50 PM

Hello, im looking to buy some parts for a new pc, i have never build a pc so i need your opinion to help me choose what parts are good and will save me some money.
thanks

here are some parts that i have chosen:

Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED 24-Inch Ultra-thin Widescreen LED Monitor - Black

Corsair Cooling Hydro-Series All-in-One High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CWCH60

EVGA GeForce GTX670 2048MB GDDR5 256bit, 2x Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DP, 4-Way SLI Ready Graphics Card

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Corsair Enthusiast Series 850-Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply Compatible with Core i3, i5, i7 and platforms - CMPSU-

ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and Windowed Side Panel

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155

November 3, 2012 8:55:11 PM

First thing to clarify is what is this PC to be used for? It would appear to be aimed at both gaming, and high-end photo/video work, or design. If that is the case, it's basically very good (subject, perhaps to some minor tinkering). If it is primarily for gaming, or for only modest photo type work, some things are a bit wasteful, as not required for gaming.
If you can confirm uses, and also your country (not much point suggesting something that's not available, where you are), can make some constructive suggestions.
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2012 9:19:20 PM

malbluff said:
First thing to clarify is what is this PC to be used for? It would appear to be aimed at both gaming, and high-end photo/video work, or design. If that is the case, it's basically very good (subject, perhaps to some minor tinkering). If it is primarily for gaming, or for only modest photo type work, some things are a bit wasteful, as not required for gaming.
If you can confirm uses, and also your country (not much point suggesting something that's not available, where you are), can make some constructive suggestions.

its primarily for gaming and a little use of photoshop, i live in mexico
m
l

Best solution

November 3, 2012 10:40:15 PM

The thing to bear in mind is that i7 gives no benefit, for gaming, over i5. For video editing, particularly in HD, using software, like Adobe CS6, i7 will give a speed increase. Even then, you need to be doing a lot, to really justify the extra expense. Obviously it's up to you, as long as you are aware that the extra cost is mostly wasted. Similar thing with RAM. Gaming needs 8GB max. Video editing will benefit from more, though it's not essential. Again, that expense is up to you. Even if using water cooling (essential if air cooling), suggest Corsair CML, GSKill Ares, or Crucial Ballistix Sport, low profile RAM.
One area where it may be worth spending slightly more is motherboard. I note that you are planning to use an 850w power supply. The only need for a power supply, over 600w, would be to allow you to add a 2nd graphics card, in SLi. Problem with that, is the LX mobo, won't support SLi. If you want that option, change mobo to P8Z77-V. If you don't want option of adding 2nd GPU, you can reduce PSU to 600w, even 550w. There would be no point to 850w.
The EVGA version of the GTX670 is OK, but the Gigabyte Windforce, or MSI Power Edition, are better. Quieter, cooler, better overclocking.
Personally I quite like Closed Loop Liquid CPU coolers (many would disagree). As long as you appreciate that an air cooler, like CoolerMaster Hyper 212Evo, is just as good, at half the cost.
If you like the HAF case, by all means use it. It's a decent case. However, even if you plan to add a 2nd GPU, you don't REALLY need a case, that size, certainly not, if you aren't planning a 2nd GPU. Something like a Corsair Carbide 500R is perfectly adequate, and very good quality.
November 4, 2012 12:40:42 AM

Get the msi power edition 670
m
l
November 5, 2012 12:34:36 AM

Best answer selected by isaacdark.
m
l
!