Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No red color on monitor, poor sound after move (Solved vga adapter)

Last response: in Systems
November 4, 2012 12:30:23 AM

thanks for reading

So I'm always on the road for work. I also like to play bf3, so I lug my pc around with me. I've never had a problem before but after the last move, no red color on monitor and sound output seems to only put out low bass end tones. I plugged the monitor and speakers into a laptop and they were fine. Does anyone have any suggestions before I tear down and rebuild everything?

Gigabyte ud4p mb, core i5 750, gtx 260, corsair 650 psu
a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 12:53:13 AM

if the monitor you use work with the laptop i would check the gtx 260 since you carry it around lok if there is not something loose in the case or the card itself need to be test in another system
m
l
November 4, 2012 1:18:51 AM

I should have mentioned i pulled out the gpu and made sure it was in right. visual inspection and wiggled wires. I dont have access to another computer to test the gpu (good idea) but i could probably swing it by geek squad or something.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2012 6:31:45 PM

try to have a friend test it on is system for you
December 25, 2012 6:14:20 PM

apparently the vga to dvi adapter was bad. it only worked on the laptop cause they were both dvi. I could not/cannot see anything visually wrong with the adapter, no bent pins etc. sound issue was unrelated (cheap speakers). thank you scout 03.
m
l
December 25, 2012 6:19:38 PM

Best answer selected by MrAlba.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b C Monitor
December 25, 2012 7:16:39 PM

been a pleasure to help you.
m
l