Game Crash Sapphire Radeon HD6950

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Dear reader,

I have a problem with my card. Everytime when I play a game it runs fine for like 10 - 15 minutes, but then the game crashes and I get a Windows Error Report. So I click close and start the game again, but the game doesn't start and showing me strange colours. When I restart my system, the problem seems to be solved, but when playing a game again, I get the same story again. I've been struggeling with this problem for days now, looking on the internet, but found nothing what could help me. I really hope that one of you guys knows to sollution to my problem.
:??:
CornWood66

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Hi,

These are my specs:

> Moederbord : ASRock M3N78D

> Chipset : nVidia nForce 720a

> Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 965e @ 3900 MHz

> Fysiek Geheugen : 8192 MB (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )

> Videokaart : AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

> Harde Schijf : Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device (500GB)

> DVD-Rom Station : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90

> DVD-Rom Station : LMVQBY P6NGHQJ4X

> Monitor Type : Samsung SyncMaster - 17 inches

> Netwerkkaart : Nvidia MCP77 Ethernet

> Besturingssysteem : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

> DirectX : Versie 11.00

> Windows Performance Index : 5.9 AAN 7.9

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Hi,

On idle it's around the 40 C, sometimes even lower. And on load around 55 - 60 C. To be clear: They run on stock coolers, I didn't adjust any of that.

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Yes, I updated the drivers after I found out about the problem. It didn't work. I tried it several times.

Do n't forget the CPU temperature-Realtemp or Speedfan will help there.
By the time you've powered down and rebooted the temperatures will have dropped considerably, so if you're not already doing so use GPU-Z or Afterburner for checking the GPU temperatures because they can log them so you'll have a record of those readings to consult after the crash.

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I don't think it's the temperature. It only happens when I play some games like Bioshock or Sleeping Dogs. The other games run fine. So I don't it's the temperature. I can still use my pc after the game crash, but with colours and black screens when opening programs. After I restart my pc, the problem seems to be fixed, but when I play that game again, it happens again...

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I can imagine that the game will crash. But I can't imagine why I get strange colours after the game crashes.

Neils1

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
You should try updating your motherboard drivers.
Have you tried switching PCI-E slot, if you have more than one available?
I'd suggest getting all the usual windows updates you can as well, especially the .net framework ones, if there are any.
It could also be a faulty gpu or motherboard, the first one being the most likely.

CornWood66

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

I already fixed the problem by returning the card to the store. They ran some tests en checked the card for possible damage. It turned out the chip was burned and that's why the GPU crashed allot. They gave me a replacement and everything is running fine now. Thanks for your reply though.