Plz build me a gaming pc

abrakadaver

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hello, I have been on the WoW scene for quite some time, due to monetary limitations my pc has always been sub-par. I now wish to KILL WoW. It is the only game I am playing. I have done hours of research but all my tech knowledge is self attained and i definitely dont know what would be best for me. I am good with my hands and follow directions very well so I will probably be attempting to assemble the rig myself, although I have never done so before. I have a rough idea of what I want:

Approx Purchase Date: mid-december

Budget: I would like to stay around 800, but I realize I may need to go up since I need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS..

Usage: Gaming

Monitor: Need

Keyboard/ Mouse: Need

Preferred Website: Any, newegg if i have to pick

Parts Pref: I would like an Intel, because I hear WoW is very dependent on the processor. But if I could save a substantial amount of money for equal performance from amd, I would definitely entertain the idea. I hear good things about gigabyte and asus, but ofcourse open to professional opinion as well.

Overclocking: Probably wont, seems complicated and risky to me
SLI/Crossfire: probably wont need

Monitor Resolution: You tell me

Additional Comments: I'd like at least an i5 or better, i'd like a ssd and small hdd- dont need a ton of space for additional storage, also need a good card for wireless internet. as stated before i will probably be putting this together myself for the first time, so a full tower would probably be easier having more room to work in. my budget could go up if need be, but time increases adversely. having my build date a month away. i would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to help me out with this. thank you!

peep1988

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
If wow is all you play A AMD 5800k should handle all your needs but if you want to play better games I would recommend a Intel Pentium 6860 and gpu getting a AMD 7850 total would be 240 or so for that CPU and gpu