Sign in with
Your question

HELP!!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 7, 2012 1:33:53 PM

when i turn on my aspire x1700 it is not sending a signal to my screen and the power light does not light up at all. pc data transfer light flickers as normal, fans are working, cd tray working, have replaced cables and nothing changed.
A year ago i installed a tb hard drive and 2 extra gig ram and have had no problems with it since i bought it.
I was told it might be the graffics card (Nividia Gforce 9300GE), Should i get a new 1 and hope it works? If so id like to upgrade and dont know where to start.
Can any1 please give me any advice. HELP!!!!

More about : question

a b Î Nvidia
September 7, 2012 2:42:09 PM

Did it use to work? Like it worked on the evening and didn't in the morning? Or did you change something inside?
m
l
September 7, 2012 2:51:01 PM

It was working fine that day then I disconected it and set it up on my new desk, turned it back on and that was it.
it didnt get bumped or anything like that, it just stoped.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b Î Nvidia
September 7, 2012 2:54:45 PM

Take out the gpu and put it back in again. Maybe it's not correctly fitted anymore.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 7, 2012 2:55:46 PM

Okay, could you list all of the computer components? Also, are you posting from your laptop or another desktop?
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:29:36 PM

posting from laptop. I did change the opperating system from windows vista to windows 7 when i changed the original 320gb hard drive to the terrabite that has been installed and working fine for the past yr also installed extra 2 gig ram at same time. CPU E5200 intel pen dual-core
1tb hard drive( not sure of specs)
Nividia Gforce 9300ge graphics card
m
l
September 7, 2012 3:53:13 PM

i installed the exact same 2 gig ram that came with the original operating system but cant read the name or any info on the ram or the hard drive, due to were the are in the tower.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 7, 2012 5:27:09 PM

What about motherboard model? Or at least can you tell me if it has any video output connectors?
m
l
September 7, 2012 6:54:40 PM

Any chance you pluged the video connector into the motherboard instead of the 9300 GE?

This part is a concern to me "power light does not light up at all," but your fans and hard drive work, I am a little bit stumped.
m
l
September 8, 2012 9:19:21 AM

Thankyou for your intrest.
No not at all bkoop, the cables always get pluged in the same ports. iv never worked on the pc internals myself, its been working fine foe the last 3 yrs iv had it. i would take it back to the same shop i had the operating system installed at but i have moved away from that area.
The only numbers i can see on my motherboard are.
MCP73T-AD V:1.0
15-K68 011000
Not sure if they rep the model number. My pc was manufactured in 2008 with windows vista home premium witch is now changed to windows 7.
m
l
September 8, 2012 9:28:27 AM

not sure about video outputs, does have VGA HDMI ESATA SPDIF, i dont use any of these ports, i plug my monitor in to my pc using a DV1-D port and cable at the back of the graphics card
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
September 8, 2012 10:38:11 AM

This is your motherboard outputs? http://www.ascendtech.us/mmASC/Images/IMG_0667.jpg

If so, could you borrow VGA cable from someone and to try using it for connecting the board to the monitor? Also, when before you do that, open up the case and remove the video card.
m
l
September 8, 2012 11:38:24 AM

i also had this same problem with my pc when i disconnected all the cables and connected all back again
but after 1 day it started to work on its on
i dont know why this happened
m
l
September 8, 2012 12:16:14 PM

yes sunius, that is my motherboard. ill try the VGA cable and get back to you asap.
thankyou.
m
l
September 19, 2012 7:35:57 AM

Sunius said:
This is your motherboard outputs? http://www.ascendtech.us/mmASC/Images/IMG_0667.jpg

If so, could you borrow VGA cable from someone and to try using it for connecting the board to the monitor? Also, when before you do that, open up the case and remove the video card.

hey sunius, thankx for ur patience.
i have removed my graphics card but when it came out so did the cable that goes to my motherboard, its labled GP and has a GND and SPDIF plug on the motherboard connecting end. their are 3 pins they came off and not sure what 1 goes where.
i have not turned it on yet.
m
l
!