[Exalted] Claiming the Fallen Mount (Necro Spell)

Claiming the Fallen Mount
Shadowlands Circle Necromancy
Cost: 15 motes

The necromancer using this spell targets the Ghost of a person that has
died by

means of a suicide. Upon casting this spell, the ghost is whisked away on
the winds of

Oblivion to the nearest crossroads, and interred there until the next
sunset.
Upon the coming of sunset (whether it was an hour's wait or twenty-four
hours'

wait) the ghost slowly digs its way out from the ground; however, it is no
longer that

of a human, but that of a horse. Standing easily twenty hands at the
shoulder, it is a

magnificent steed - but no more than that, at appearance. It does not
breathe fire,

and it does not dance on shoes of soulsteel - it is merely a most exemplary
horse

(Well, ghost horse - but who can really tell?).

Strength: 4, Dexterity: 3, Stamina: 4
Charisma: 2, Manipulation: 1, Appearance: 3
Perception: 3, Intelligence: 1, Wits: 2
Virtues: Compassion 1, Conviction 3, Valor 3, Temperance 3
Abilities: Brawl 3 (Hooves +2), Athletics 2 (Running +3), Awareness 2,
Stealth 2,

Presence 1 (Intimidation +1), Craft 3 (Pandemonium +3)
Permanent Essence: 3
Willpower: 6
Essence Pool: 58
Health Levels:
Charms: Corpse-Fed Radiance, Hand of the Wind, Strike of Dead Hands, Flying
Time

Technique, Ebon Grasp of Oblivion, Black Breath of the Abyss, Materialize

Fetters:
Master - 5 pt.

Passions:
To Serve Master (Temperance) - 3 pt.
To Serve Master (Valor) - 3 pt.
To Serve Master (Conviction) - 3 pt.
To Not F'n Die Again (Compassion) - 1 pt.

"James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> Claiming the Fallen Mount
> Shadowlands Circle Necromancy
> Cost: 15 motes

<snip>

You know, your linebreaks have been *really* funky lately - you might wanna
check into that.

As for the spell itself, perhaps you should specify how one resists the
effect - it might matter if the target is a heroic ghost player character.

- David Prokopetz.

"David Prokopetz" <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote in message
> "James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Claiming the Fallen Mount
> > Shadowlands Circle Necromancy
> > Cost: 15 motes
>
> <snip>
>
> You know, your linebreaks have been *really* funky lately - you might
wanna
> check into that.

The result of my typing it out in notepad and CnPing it into OE. Since my
newsreader has gone to hell, I've gone back to using OE, and ... well, I
hate typing in OE.

> As for the spell itself, perhaps you should specify how one resists the
> effect - it might matter if the target is a heroic ghost player character.

I had no intention of it being resistable. You're right, though, a heroic
ghost /should/ have a chance.

If the target ghost has an Essence equal to or higher than the Abyssal's, he
may roll contested Willpower with the Abyssal; if the ghost wins, he doesn't
turn into a pony.

"James Stein" <NoSpamForMeThanks@si.rr.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> I had no intention of it being resistable. You're right, though, a heroic
> ghost /should/ have a chance.
>
> If the target ghost has an Essence equal to or higher than the Abyssal's,
he
> may roll contested Willpower with the Abyssal; if the ghost wins, he
doesn't
> turn into a pony.

Good call. The "no saving throw" situations that exist in WoD games aren't
usually appropriate in Exalted. In Vampire, f'rex, it's usually okay to
have effects that automatically hose anything that's not a vampire, since
you can safely assume that all player characters are going to *be*
vampires - but bizarre anime/D&D/video game-esque "mixed parties" are very
much in-theme for most Exalted games, so the interactions between various
game mechanics need to be a bit more well-developed than "HA HA, YOU LOSE!".

- David Prokopetz.

James Stein wrote:
> The result of my typing it out in notepad and CnPing it into OE. Since my
> newsreader has gone to hell, I've gone back to using OE, and ... well, I
> hate typing in OE.

You might turn off auto-wrap (or whatever notepad calls auto line
breaks), that way it gets formatted once (by your news client) rather
than twice.
-nd