Sites that compare different Manufacturer's cards (7870)?

I recently sold my 6870 ($110) and am looking to get a new card (running off my 2500k for now). I'm leaning towards a 7870 as they aren't much more than the 7850, but I don't really know how the different brands compare. Most of the cards on NewEgg are the OC Edition and have similar clock speeds and have at least 2 fans. I don't really know how else to compare them. I was leaning towards a XFX one, but that was just because it's cheap ($240 AR) and has two DVI ports which is what I use. Any sites that would do a more in depth comparison, or links to any articles? Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about sites compare manufacturer cards 7870
  1. Just go for XFX, sapphire, MSI, HIS. Stay away from Asus.
  2. Haha. That's awesome. I was gonna ask about this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121624

It's $225 AR on Amazon.
  3. Not sure if it's true, but i did read somewhere the new 7xxx series and Asus ain't working that well.
  4. Hmm. I'll have to look into that. The Asus is substantially cheaper. $225+Sleeping Dogs+No tax would save me a lot.
  5. I just bought this Sapphire 7870 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102981 for $245 after rebate. It came with Sleeping Dogs and Dirt Showdown, even though Dirt wasn't advertised. It works great so far.
  6. But with tax it ends up being like $40 more.
  7. GreenDutchAlien said:
    Just go for XFX, sapphire, MSI, HIS. Stay away from Asus.

There's nothing wrong with asus, they have a pretty good cooler and usually it's a bit cheaper than the twin frozr for almost the same performance.
  8. I know Asus was very much ok in the past, but did read some bad reviews about the Asus 7xxx series, could have been the 7950 though.
  9. What reviews I could find of the Asus 7870 were good. Seemed like the only negative was power and price, but as its the cheapest right now that isn't a negative. I ended up ordering it. 1-4 weeks for shipping though. I'll just cancel if I find something better.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product