Sign in with
Your question
Closed

GTS 450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 7, 2012 5:06:49 PM

im looking at a new graphics card and the GTS 450 by Evga caught my eye

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce [...] ard+GTS450

is it good for gaming (not hardcore but like crysis or call of duty)

More about : gts 450

Best solution

September 7, 2012 5:33:46 PM

Yes that graphics card is for gaming and it can also run Crysis and Call of duty. I've played Black Ops on max settings with a graphics card worse than that and got like 20-30 fps.
September 7, 2012 5:36:01 PM

I've been happy with my gts 450 but I only run one monitor at a time - either my 27 inch pc mon or my 50 inch TV. I've had no problems with WOW, various flight sims like Microsoft flight and Lock On, and star trek on line. I have the super clocked version of the 450 and so far have not had a need to OC. But then again, I'm not running the hardcore games... When I get into the more demanding gaming I'll probably pick up a used one and run an sli...
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2012 6:11:01 PM

Looking online, I found a Open Box (Not used, just box opened) HD 7750.
This card is more power efficent, and a bit faster then the GTS450.
It's also a fair bit cheaper then the GTS450 for this Open Box card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

P.S.
I've bought a few open box products, worst case they're missing a HDMI cable. If by some chance the card does not work, newegg will replace the product for free.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2012 6:31:35 PM

azathoth said:

P.S.
I've bought a few open box products, worst case they're missing a HDMI cable. If by some chance the card does not work, newegg will replace the product for free.

Both of those cards are about the same speed, with the GTS 450 coming ahead in nVIDIA optimized titles. So it ends up being which drivers you prefer and power consumption.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2012 7:08:57 PM

are you basing the"gts450 ahead in nvidia optimized titles" thing on launch drivers?
Cuz with newer drivers the 7750 should perform faster. It would also have a ton of
overclock headroom.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2012 7:18:17 PM

jtenorj said:
are you basing the"gts450 ahead in nvidia optimized titles" thing on launch drivers?
Cuz with newer drivers the 7750 should perform faster. It would also have a ton of
overclock headroom.

When I mean optimized titles I mean games like H.A.W.X. which show a huge gain with GeForce cards. This however is independent of driver quality which is usually better on the green team.
Score
a b U Graphics card
September 7, 2012 11:51:30 PM

Both companies have driver issues from time to time.

Don't care much about hawx myself. Other games that use a reasonable amount of
tessellation can do so on radeons as well, and some games like crysis 2 on ultra dx11
settings use such ridiculous amounts of tessellation on objects like flat street barriers that
they massively slow down any card that dares to attempt running tessellation to the max.

That one is better turned down(why they couldn't use that feature to better effect while
keeping performance decent is beyond me).
Score
September 8, 2012 10:00:29 PM

azathoth said:

P.S.

Well to start the 7750 is deactivated and plus i have a blue on black theme going on here, the pny is a nice black and from what you guys say ill just get it
Score
September 16, 2012 7:21:39 PM

Best answer selected by tomjgum1.
Score
September 16, 2012 7:30:45 PM

someone close
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 16, 2012 8:05:21 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!