Sign in with
Your question

Updated from 12.6 to 12.8 Having install issues.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 7, 2012 5:23:14 PM

Okay so I updated my drivers from 12.6 to 12.8 the other day. It said there were warnings during the install. I looked at the log and I saw nothing wrong. So I went through used Driver Fusion (Sweeper) and removed the driver. I then used CCleaner to clean the registry. I even used Advanced System Care 5 to double check the registry. So I rebooted a few times and went to install a fresh 12.8 install, it still said there were warnings. I then updated my dot net framework, rebooted, still the same error. I then repaired my dot net frame work (4.5) and still nothing. So I removed the drivers and cleaned them out, and reinstalled it, 3 different times now. Nothing I do works. I've never had this problem before. Can anyone suggest something new?

Also everytime I install it and try to run the "AMD VISION Control Center" aka CCC, it ALWAYS gives me the following error.

"Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

I have crossfire HD Radeon 6870's. I've never had this much trouble before.

UPDATE -

I did all of this in Safe Mode and I still have the same problem.

More about : updated install issues

September 7, 2012 10:20:37 PM

Shining_KoW210 said:
Okay so I updated my drivers from 12.6 to 12.8 the other day. It said there were warnings during the install. I looked at the log and I saw nothing wrong. So I went through used Driver Fusion (Sweeper) and removed the driver. I then used CCleaner to clean the registry. I even used Advanced System Care 5 to double check the registry. So I rebooted a few times and went to install a fresh 12.8 install, it still said there were warnings. I then updated my dot net framework, rebooted, still the same error. I then repaired my dot net frame work (4.5) and still nothing. So I removed the drivers and cleaned them out, and reinstalled it, 3 different times now. Nothing I do works. I've never had this problem before. Can anyone suggest something new?

Also everytime I install it and try to run the "AMD VISION Control Center" aka CCC, it ALWAYS gives me the following error.

"Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation' or one of it's dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'

I have crossfire HD Radeon 6870's. I've never had this much trouble before.

UPDATE -

I did all of this in Safe Mode and I still have the same problem.

After the 5th or 6th time doing this, I tried running the installer, then running it again before rebooting and it worked.
a b \ Driver
September 7, 2012 11:08:37 PM

Shining_KoW210 said:
After the 5th or 6th time doing this, I tried running the installer, then running it again before rebooting and it worked.

Driver Fusion, Driver Sweeper, CCleaner, Advanced System Care, etc... aren't magic. They're just programs that delete predefined files and registry keys if they find them. Only a very small number of problems will actually be fixed by deleting something that wasn't deleted by an uninstaller. If you run a cleaner without first uninstalling the drivers as the manufacturer intended, you can end up with even more problems than you started with. The CLI.Implementation is a bug that gets carried over from much older versions of Catalyst and is hard to solve without reinstalling the operating system.
September 8, 2012 12:35:10 AM

Yeah, like what @Pinhedd said, AMD or nVidia say to first unistall the driver through the uninstaller.

(Start>[Right Click]Computer>Manage>Device Manager>Display Adapters>[Select Graphics Card[Radeon HD 6870]]>Driver>Uninstall)

These are the steps I take followed by a reboot before installing updated drivers. At least with my nVidia card, but I imagine the steps are the same for AMD cards. As for resolving the error, (not sure if you resolved it) I would try reinstalling the previous drivers, then following the above steps to ensure Windows does it for you the way it likes. If it is solved, keep this in mind for future driver updates.
!