Exalted/Care Bears crossover.

No, it's not what you think.

Anyone remember Dark Heart from "Care Bears II", the movie? I have this
strange urge to have him show up in my Exalted game. Sure, I'll have to
spice up his wardrobe and give him a pretentious polysyllabic title (which
will still *translate* as "Dark Heart" for any players who are paying
attention, of course), but I think it's doable.

However, I'm stuck for where to start: I can't decide whether I should make
him an Abyssal who received the Black Exaltation when he was a preteen (and
got stuck with the body of a child due to some bizarre side-effect of the
Abyssal Curse), or as some manner of demon. The former appeals to my
twisted sensibilities, as well as allowing me to more easily work some
variation on "Dark Heart" into his name, but his tricks with shapeshifting,
dematerialisation, and granting dark blessings to mortals really work better
as spirit Charms. I'm torn.

What do you think?

- David Prokopetz.

"David Prokopetz" <sirbob@penguinking.com> wrote in message
> No, it's not what you think.
>
> Anyone remember Dark Heart from "Care Bears II", the movie? I have this
> strange urge to have him show up in my Exalted game. Sure, I'll have to
> spice up his wardrobe and give him a pretentious polysyllabic title (which
> will still *translate* as "Dark Heart" for any players who are paying
> attention, of course), but I think it's doable.
>
> However, I'm stuck for where to start: I can't decide whether I should
make
> him an Abyssal who received the Black Exaltation when he was a preteen
(and
> got stuck with the body of a child due to some bizarre side-effect of the
> Abyssal Curse), or as some manner of demon. The former appeals to my
> twisted sensibilities, as well as allowing me to more easily work some
> variation on "Dark Heart" into his name, but his tricks with
shapeshifting,
> dematerialisation, and granting dark blessings to mortals really work
better
> as spirit Charms. I'm torn.
>
> What do you think?
>
> - David Prokopetz.

Moonshadow; Abyssal with spirit charms and ghost arcanoi as need be.

> > (Oh, and he was eventually redeemed and became human in an incredibly
cheesy
> > sequence in which he blasted the girl with dark magic, only to realise -
too
> > late, of course - that he'd actually come to care for her. I think this
> > scene was notable in that it's the only Care Bears sequence in which a
> > character actually bled.)
> >
> Did *anyone* really clap in that sequence? If in the theatre, I'd have
> died of embarrassment...

Apropos, did you know they edited that scene for the video release?
Apparently a preteen girl lying bruised and bloodied on the floor was
considered too harsh for the kiddies, so they threw an obviously tacked-on
filter over the girl's body to make her shiny and sparkly - the idea is that
Dark Heart merely "enchanted" her, rather than just blasting the hell out of
her. Complaints from parents' groups and all that.

- David Prokopetz.